Together We: Learn, Grow, Lead
Grange Hall Families,
I would like thank all of our students and staff for "filling my bucket" during Principal Appreciation Week. Between the cards, signs, high-fives, sweet treats, flowers, and other surprises - you all made me feel very special. Thank you. Together we are building a better tomorrow for our students and I am honored to lead this wonderful school community!
- We have limited parking available in the afternoon for parent pick-up. Please be mindful that you MUST park in a parking space provided or line-up along the tree line. Please do not block other vehicles in when picking up your child after-school. Doors open at 3:00 pm and all children are signed by 3:15 pm.
- In addition, we need to remind everyone of the CCPS visitor policy. We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining the safety of our students and families.
- We are in need of 40 - AAA batteries for our grade level classroom transformation kits. If you are able to donate AAA batteries, please send them labeled for Mrs. Jones, Principal. Thank you for your consideration.
- Check out this FREE opportunity for kids to participate in a race in Midlothian.
Sweetheart 8k and Kids Run - Feb. 16 - FREE for kids.
- Thank you to those parents who have signed up to help out in the cafeteria. We've added additional dates for those of you that can help us out. Cafeteria Volunteers - sign up HERE
Good luck to our fifth grade students who will be performing this week!
Principal & Lead Learner
Message from Chesterfield County PTA
Chesterfield County School Board Community Meetings
Community meetings will include a budget presentation and question-and-answer period. There is no requirement to sign up in advance to attend or speak. All are welcome, as we discuss creating a better tomorrow today!
Feb. 3 from 6:30-8 p.m.: Matoaca District meeting at Cosby High School, located at 14300 Fox Club Parkway
Feb. 5 from 6:30-8 p.m.: Matoaca District meeting at Matoaca High School, located at 17700 Longhouse Lane
Thanks for your continued support,
Matoaca district Vice President
Calendar of Events
January 29 - PTA mtg. - 6 pm & 5th grade Winter program - 7 pm
January 30 - VIB night (Rising 6th grade) at Bailey Bridge Middle School - 6:30 - 8:00 pm
January 31 - 3 hr. Early Release Day; Battle of the Books (5th grade) deadline
February 6 - Chick-fil-A day - All day GHES spirit day
Gifted Referral deadlines are as follows:
- March 15 - students currently in KG or grade 1
Message from GHES PTA
We are looking for Volunteers to bring in a variety of Scrumptious Chocolate Dessert items. These items may be store bought or homemade!
You may drop off donations the day before the event (Wednesday, February 12) or the day of the event (Thursday, February 13) before 9:30am that morning. There will be a cart by the front door to place all donations or you may also leave your item at the front office.
The GHES Dance (formally known called the Daddy/Daughter dance) will be Friday, February 21st from 6:30 - 8:30 PM. Please join us for a formal “Night Under the Stars!” Students and their guest will enjoy the professional DJ and photographer, crafts, sweet treats & more! RSVP Required by 2/14 per student attending. Please RSVP Here. Links to volunteer and rsvp can also be found on the PTA Webpage. Any questions can be sent to Elizabeth at GHESPTAVPPrograms@gmail.com
Donors Choose Projects @ GHES
Are you or do you know someone who is looking for a way to help out our students? Check out the donors choose projects that our teachers and students would like to bring to GHES: