Whimsical Wash Days
"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
Join us for a once-a-month hour of delving in the artistic side of life.
This class is a byproduct of experiencing the Documented Life Project at the Art to the 5th Academy. This project is part planner, part art journal, and is a beautiful way to document your life and express yourself creatively at the same time. The journal we recommend (see below) is what thousands of others will be using to document their life in 2015. You are not obligated to follow along in the Documented Life Project in order to come to this class. Come to learn, play, and let yourself go!
We need you to RSVP at the bottom of the page (in a google doc) so we can make sure our meeting space is large enough and we have enough freebies for you.
WHEN (one hour, once a month)
- January 8, 2015: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- February 5, 2015: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- March 5, 2015: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- April 9, 2015: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- May 7, 2015: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
Directions: Enter the Shannon Learning Center on the Carson Street side (under the awning). Once you are in the lobby, go through the double glass doors on your right. The C&I office is the door on your right at the bottom of the ramp.
***You will need to knock loudly if you are late. Our doors are always locked***
- Journal: Ranger Dylusions Dyan Reaveley's Creative Journal, 8 x 11" or a journal of your choice (Moleskin-this was used for the 2014 Documented Life Project, composition book, sketching journal, etc)
- Journaling Pen: Permanent ink pen such as Fude Ball Pen, Signo Uniball 207 (Sharpies are not recommended)
- Scrapbooking materials: stickers, washi tape (like this), patterned paper, rub-ons, embellishments, etc.
- Craft paint: acrylics, watercolors, spray inks, etc (Cheap paint works just fine!)
- Pens/Pencils: White Pen, Gel Pens, Markers, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, Stabilo pencil
- Miscellaneous: stencils, punches, stamps, stamp pads (permanent ink), glue stick, paint brushes, scissors, etc.
BRING WHAT YOU HAVE OR NOTHING BUT YOUR JOURNAL...WE WILL SHARE!
Sherrinda loves lettering and playing with paint, and has found a passion for documenting her life in a beautiful way. She is an admistrative assistant for the Elementary and Secondary Science Coordinators at Birdville ISD.
| || |
Jaimie is an avid scrapbooker and cardmaker, and loves turning old items into a thing of beauty. She is the Instructional Officer of Elementary Education and Early Childhood Coordinator at Birdville ISD.