The Principal's Pen September 🌶️
Message from Hatch Elementary Principal, Mrs. Marquez
Greetings HES parents and families!
Welcome to another edition of "The Principal's Pen"! Thank you for reading. Stay informed and connected with our concise monthly updates!
What an incredible start to the school year! We appreciate your continued support and commitment to ensuring that all students at Hatch Elementary continue to grow socially, emotionally, and academically!
Click below for a great parent resource 👇🏻
Our first Awards Assembly was a success!
🎉Congratulations to our first Students of the Week! 🎉
Fall Picture Day is on Wednesday, August 30th! 📸
- Every child will be photographed, regardless of if they are purchasing photos.
- You may pre-order online using the link below.
- If you will be purchasing photos (even if you have pre-ordered online), your child must turn in his/her order form.
- Please wait until the day of pictures to send the order form and money to school with your child.
- Only exact change will be accepted.
Join us for Open House on Wednesday, August 30th! 🏫🍦
Calling all Grandparents!!
Hatch Elementary House Sorting Event!
Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend!
**Don't worry...Kinder students will get sorted next semester!** ❤️💙💚🖤
If you're interested in volunteering to help with Snack Shack, please contact the school!
Call the front office if you are interested in helping at either time. (575) 267-8270.
Some Other Important Information...
- In order for students to learn, we need your help in ensuring that they come to school every day and that they arrive on time.
- If your child arrives to school after 8:00 am, he/she will be marked tardy and you will need to sign your child in at the front office.
- If your child accumulates 3 tardies within a month, you will receive a letter in your child's backpack.
Student Pick-up Procedures:
- Pickup for 1st and 2nd grade students is on the cafeteria side.
- Pickup for kinder students and their siblings is at the staff parking lot.
- Only adults 18 and over who are on the student's emergency contact list may pick up a student from school.
Snack Shack and Awards Assemblies
Our next Snack Shack and Awards Assembly will be on Friday, September 8, 2023. Assemblies will take place every Friday thereafter (unless otherwise noted), through the end of April 2024. Snack Shack will occur on EVERY OTHER FRIDAY through the end of April 2024.
We will continue to closely monitoring student attendance. If your child is absent for three consecutive days, you will receive a phone call and will need to provide our office with a doctor's excuse. Our attendance team will also be issuing letters and setting up meetings for further absences.
To avoid accrual of unexcused absences, please ensure that your child arrives to school ON TIME every day, unless he/she is ill. If this is the case, you will need to provide the office with a doctor's note within 3 days. We need students to come to school, on time, in order to learn. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in making this possible!
Just a few reminders...
- The bell to begin class is at 8:00 am. Please make sure that your child arrives to school on time every day.
- Any time your child is absent from school, it is best practice to communicate with your child's teacher and the front office as to the reason he/she is absent. On the third consecutive absence, we will need a doctor's excuse to have the absences excused. Kids need to be in school to learn, but if they are not feeling well, we encourage you to have them seen by a doctor. Thank you for your understanding.
- Students are not allowed to bring any devices (cell phones, smart watches, etc.), toys (including balls or games), lip gloss, chap stick, candy, chips or sodas to school. If a staff member does find that a student has one of these items, it will be confiscated and you will be notified to pick it up in the front office at your earliest convenience.
- We appreciate all of our families and everything that you all do for your children! Thank you!
Mrs. Amy Marquez
Mark your calendar for these important dates and events:
- August 30 : Fall picture day for students
- August 30: HES Open House & Ice Cream Float Fiesta at 5:30 pm in the cafeteria
- September 1 - September 4: Labor Day Holiday (no school) Classes will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 5
- September 8: Istation monthly testing begins- please make sure that your child gets a good night's rest and arrives to school on time.
- September 11-14: Makeup for Istation monthly testing
- September 13: Report Cards go out
- September 14: Hatch Elementary House Sorting Event @ 12:40 pm
- September 15: Data Dive Day for STAFF ONLY (no school for students)
- September 27: Fall picture retakes for students
- September 29: Progress reports go out
Classes will resume on Monday, October 9th.