The Weekly Buzz
A Weekly Newsletter from Corner Middle School
Volume 2, Number 20: October 25, 2020
First Quarter Ends on October 30th
The first quarter for Jefcoed schools ends this Friday, October 30th. We would like to strongly encourage you to work as hard as you possibly can to make up any work missed for the first quarter so that teachers can get it in and update grades before report cards are issue.
Our faculty and staff are willing to work with you, but you must take the initiative to complete and submit work, projects, and assessments that are incomplete. If you have questions, start with your classroom teachers. Make that effort. If you still need assistance or have questions, contact the counselor, Ms. Whitaker, or either of the administrators.
Jefcoed Procedure to Determine Learning Environment for 2nd Quarter at Corner Middle
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the "new normal" as it relates to educating our students. When we returned to school, you were given the option for your student to learn in either the traditional setting or the remote setting. We know that most of you wish to continue learning in the manner that you currently are, but some may wish to change their original choice.
This choice can only be changed at the end of each nine-week grading period, and the first nine week grading period ends on October 30, 2020. If you wish for your child to continue with the delivery method that they are currently in, there is nothing for you to do; simply continue with what you have been doing during the first nine weeks. Should you choose for your child to go remote for the second quarter, he or she may not return to traditional learning until January 21, 2021 unless:
- There is a recommendation made by the school based on the potential failure of the remote learner that is agreed upon by the parent.
- There is a recommendation made based on a learner's IEP or 504 plan.
- There is some other mitigating factor taken into consideration and approved by the principal.
This does not apply to newly enrolling students.
However, if you wish to change from Traditional to Remote or from Remote to Traditional, please contact Corner Middle School by phone at 205-379-3230 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the school day on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. Thank you for supporting your learner and our faculty and staff at Corner Middle School!
Families Get Second Chance for Internet Vouchers
If you have any questions, please email them to Mr. Rodney Ragland, assistant principal at Corner High School at email@example.com.
School-Issued Devices Available for CMS Students
if your child does not have a school-issued device, please contact the school this week so that we can work with you to help you get one checked out. We would encourage all students to have a school-issued device as connectivity on campus has been an issue with personal devices.
A parent or guardian MUST COME TO THE SCHOOL to sign for the new device that we will issue to your student.
Calendar for the Week of October 26th - October 30th
Monday, October 26, 2020
- Robotics Practice (Group A) 3:00
- CMS Tennis Tryouts at CHS 3:30
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Middle School Principals Meeting at McAdory Middle School 1:00
- Robotics Practice (Group B) 3:00
- CMS Tennis Tryouts at CHS 3:30
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- CMS Continuous Improvement Leadership Team Meeting with Jefcoed
- First Priority's See You at the Pole
- Debate Practice 3:00 - 4:30
Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Board Meeting at COB 10:00
- CMS Network Improvement Community Kick-Off Meeting 3:00
Friday, October 30, 2020
- End of the First Quarter
- CHS Football at Briarwood Christian 7:00
Saturday, October 31, 2020
- CMS Cheerleaders at UCA Space Center Regional in Huntsville
Corner Middle School
The mission of Corner Middle School is to serve our community of learners by:
· Utilizing highly-effective instruction and a challenging curriculum.
· Meeting the needs of diverse learners in order to prepare them for college and entry into the work force.
· Partnering with the community.
· Cultivating student leaders.
· Integrating technology into all areas of learning.