Grapevine Mustang Band
April 29, 2022
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- The GCISD Color Guard Showcase is on Saturday, May 7th @ 3pm at GHS. Info below.
- Booster volunteers for the 2022/23 school year are needed. Please see the info below.
- Spring Training - MAY 17-19, 5-7pm in the MAC. All students participating in band for the 2022/23 school year will attend.
- Parent Volunteers needed during Spring Training - Sign up here
- All students must turn in their Statement of Intent during Spring Training.
- Band Banquet information below! See you there!
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- All band fees should be paid in full. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
Main Street Fest - Earn money now
EARN MONEY TO PAY YOUR BAND FEES
Sign up to work the GHS Mustang Band Gate at the Main Street Fest.
- Gate Attendants will be paid $12/hour (increase from $8/hr from years past). If a parent and student work a shift that is $24 per hour that can be put towards your band fees.
- Students that are working shifts may also receive service hours.
- Gate attendants collect tickets for admission, answer questions, hand out lost child stickers, and man the exit gates to ensure people don't leave with alcohol. It is very easy work!
- Adult Shifts must be filled by those 21 years old or older
- Student Shifts must be filled by those 13 years old or older.
Friday, May 20 - 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday, May 21 - 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sunday, May 22 - 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ba9a72babfcc16-gate20
Contact Angela Hall with questions - email@example.com or text 817-791-6335
- 5:00-6:30pm - Drum Major Workshop
- 5:00-7:00pm - Color Guard Social
- 1:00-6:00pm - Leadership Workshop
Spring Training - May 17-19 5:00-7:00pm (All Members)
Graduation - May 26
GHS Solo Contest - Saturday, May 7th
- Solo Performance Schedule
- Please turn in your $40 by Friday, May 6th
The GCISD Color Guard Showcase is on Saturday, May 7th @ 3pm at GHS. Performances by the GHS Mustang Guard, CHHS Diamonds, and the combined Middle School Spirit Guard, plus special spotlight solos from featured members.
Friends and family are encouraged to come support these fantastic programs. Entry is free and open to all. Concessions and roses will be on sale at the venue.
Detailed Itinerary - Click Here
The 2022-23 Mustang Guard will be having auditions for any students interested in joining the team! We are a co-ed program open to 9th-12th graders with no prior dance/theater/music experience required.
If you were not able to attend auditions and are still interested in joining the team, please contact Mr Redd at William.Redd@gcisd.net to schedule a meeting. GO GUARD!
More info - https://www.grapevinehsband.com/color-guard.html
DUE DATE EXTENDED - DUE BY NOON ON SUNDAY, MAY 15
**scholarship application should take less than 30 minutes to fill out
Class of 2022 Band Scholarship
The Grapevine Mustang Band will award several scholarships to eligible high school seniors currently enrolled in the band program (band or guard). The applicant needs to be enrolled as a full-time student for the Fall 2022 semester to an accredited college, university or trade school.
Due: Sunday, May 15
Submit Application Here - https://forms.gle/gNWXjti5dwHPWUs48
Fill out the Scholarship Application Form
Boosters are looking for someone with any basic sewing machine skills that could help with minor mending throughout the season. We use a tailor for altering anything that requires more complex alterations. Please contact me Kristen Pratt 817-781-4309 if you are able to help.
Sign up to help at spring training - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054eada92ba31-2022
LAST CALL! REGISTRATION CLOSES SATURDAY!
See you at the 2022 Mustang Band Banquet!
Friday, May 20th, 6-11 PM at the Texas Star in Euless.
Band Banquet is a time for us to gather to celebrate all the accomplishments of Mustang Band over the year, and recognize and send off our Class of 2022 Seniors.
Band Banquet tickets are on sale NOW! Friday, April 22 - Saturday, May 7.
Tickets are $35 per person except for Seniors. Seniors who bring a date must purchase a ticket for their date unless the date is a GHS Band Senior.
Payment is due by end of the day on May 7th. If you need to make other arrangements, please reach out to Kim.
Seat selection will be May 16th - 18th either before or after school. Specific times will be announced next week!
PARENTS: You are invited and encouraged to attend the dinner and awards portion. Do not listen to your children when they say you shouldn't come. We are band family and it's a great time to celebrate the 2021-22 band year.
If you are still not sure, read this. (link to attachment)
Dress is "dress your best."
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Help is needed in several ways to help with the banquet including chaperoning the dance, check-in, and decorating. Because we are on a Friday this year, we will need more parent help since students will be in school. I also added a Thursday night option to prep decor (blowing up balloons (I have a pump) and other items.) If you can help for part of the time - just add that in the comments. Appreciate it! Here is the link to the sign-up genius.
Any questions, please text or email Kim Bentson. (713.818.7445, firstname.lastname@example.org)
BAND BANQUET PLAYLIST
Hey Band! We want to hear from you. Tell us if there's a song you'd like to dance to! Complete this form by end of day on MAY 9th! (Monday)
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to those volunteers who have already agreed to step up and help make our booster committee awesome! Just wow! We do still need a few more positions filled and they are listed below. Consider even splitting the position with a friend. It really does take each and every one of us giving where we can, to make it great for our kids! Questions on what's entailed? Just let us know: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Concessions Varsity Manager- South Stand
Concessions JV/Freshman Manager - Opener
Nominate Outstanding Parents!
We would like to recognize two parent volunteers who have gone above and beyond this year. Nominate your choices so we may recognize them at this year's Band Banquet.
Please see the nomination form below for details. Due by May 15th!!
Applications & auditions are open for the 2022-2023 season of the Fort Worth Youth Orchestra! To be considered for placement in an FWYO ensemble, prospective students must complete an online application and submit an audition video recording. The deadline for submitting the application & audition is Sunday, May 22, 2022.
If you wish to be considered for more than one ensemble, there is no need to submit multiple applications/auditions. You should prepare the audition material for their first choice ensemble, and if the audition is not accepted for placement, their submission will flow into consideration for other ensembles (see charts below!).
All audition requirements and application materials can be found on the FWYO website, at fwyo.org/audition – if you or your students have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com!
Start Raising Money NOW!
Scrip is a great way to raise money for your individual band account!
Here are the links to stay connected!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ghsmustangbandInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/grapevinehsband
FB Grapevine Mustang Band Parent Page : https://www.facebook.com/groups/2772812576066464/
Students/Parents should login and update their CHARMS information. This is our primary form of communication, and it is important to have accurate information.
If you have any questions, or have trouble logging in to your account, please contact Ms. Irby. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.