IMLEA Back to School Part Deux
August 19, 2020
You Can Vote: Who Should Win the $2500?
Reminder: There is currently a discount for individual schools or districts for dual membership to AMLE and IMLEA. AMLE members will receive a discounted registration fee for the October conference (code A20IMLEA25)
Some Schools Have Returned in Person or Hybrid. How Can You Make it as Engaging as Usual, Socially Distanced? Katie has Answers!
Tips for Hybrid Teaching at the Secondary Level
More Beginning of the Year Resources
Free Preview of an Upcoming Book
Emma Pass is an ELA teacher at a Colorado school that is hybrid under "normal" conditions. She was contacted about writing a book about her experiences that was to be published next year. When she realized that so many teachers and students would benefit now, she arranged to have part of it released early. You can download it for free here.
You can see an archived webinar with Emma (and several others) from Apple's recent "Anywhere School" conference.
Digital First Week of School with Stations
What If We Used "Kid" Language? Synchronous Classes = "Live" Asynchronous = "On Demand"
Put AR/VR in Students' Hands for Free with MERGE
Educators: Enter the Horace Mann Giveaways
News from INSPIRE3
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update for 8/17/20. Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- New Spotlight on Service-Learning article “Service Learning BLENDS into VIRTUALLY Everything!”
- Tutorials and PowerPoints on our Digital Resource page -Learn more about all the free online resources available to use in-class or virtually and how SL connects to ALL content areas and many types of engaged teaching/learning strategies.
Specific LTG units, lessons, articles and resources to guide instruction and discussions with students
Free LTG Professional Development online mini-courses
Planning for 20-21 - LTG Calendar
- generationOn website free service/service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- INPSIRE3 mini-grants available for 1st semester of 20-21
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IMLEA website HERE and the IASP website HERE and Connect
- INSPIRE3 Program Update
- Contact information for free assistance
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and web page with your staff and colleagues
Learning Opportunities Calendar (all times listed are EDT)
August 20: MERGE Edu Webinar with Jaime Donally, 8 pm
August 25: Building an Olympic-Sized Growth Mindset with Apollo Ohno, 6 pm
October 23-25: AMLE Virtual Conference
November 2 : Lilly Creativity Grant Applications Due
February 21-22, 2021: IMLEA Conference
Global CUE (Mainly Microsoft) (ongoing)
We know there are many materials relating to the beginning of school and remote learning, and hope you will find that these "quick hits" will be of use to you. We try to include the best of the best we encounter. You can access past newsletters via this link on our webpage, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Principals and others: Feel free to forward this newsletter to your staff, and email us at any time.