FEBRUARY 2019 - DATES TO KNOW
Here are notable dates this month for students and parents to know:
- February 18 - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
- February 28 - AHS Open House - 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- February 28 - Due date for AP test registration
- March 1 - Minimum day schedule - school dismissed at 1:15
FEBRUARY 2019 - HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS
1st Semester Report Cards
1st Semester report cards will be distributed to students the week of February 4.
AP Test Registration
All students in AP classes and their parents should review the new guidelines that are outlined on this information sheet. Enrollments for AP tests will be from January 28, 2019 through February 28, 2019.
Parent chat - Answering your registration questions
On Thursday, February 7 at 6:00, AHS counselors will give a short informational talk and answer parent questions about registering for next year's classes. This parent chat will be in the AHS Library.
Fremont Unified is partnering with Common Sense Media this school year on a 4-part Community Education Series on Digital Citizenship, technology trends, and online safety. Common Sense is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century.
Each one-hour evening workshop will cover diverse topics and is open to all parents, guardians, caregivers, friends, and families who want to learn more about the world our children are living in, so we can help them navigate through it more successfully and healthfully. Two of the workshops will be held at American High School. You can review the flyer here.
ASB organized destress events throughout the week of January 14 prior to first semester finals.
99.7 NOW Take Over
Radio station 99.7 NOW did a "Take Over" of the AHS Rotunda during lunch on January 18 as part of our Destress Week. You can see more pictures at this LINK.
Culinary Arts 2
The Culinary Arts 2 class prepared some outstanding dishes for their first semester finals for a distinguished group of judges.
99.7 NOW Take Over
BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPEAKER SERIES
OPEN HOUSE - THURSDAY, FEB. 28, 2019, 6:30-8:00 PM
Here is a LINK to a flyer detailing all presentations and department locations that are scheduled for Open House.
SCHOOL ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT CARDS (SARCs)
Federal and state laws require school districts to make accountability reports available to the public online. Accountability report information is based on data and information from the previous year. Dates will run one year behind.
We are pleased to inform you that our district's School Accountability Report Cards (SARCs) are available in English, Spanish, and/or Chinese, as required. You may view the SARCs on the Fremont Unified School District web site at www.fremont.k12.ca.us under Resources & Contacts/School Reports, or by visiting your school office. To answer any questions regarding the SARCs, there are designated personnel available at each school site.
For more information about SARC requirements, see the California Department of Education (CDE) SARC web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa/.
AHS BOOSTERS CRAB FEED 2019
Tickets are available for the AHS Boosters Crab Feed! The Crab Feed is the primary fund raiser for AHS Boosters. Boosters generously supports all AHS athletics programs.
If you have questions about 2019 AHS Booster Crab Feed, email AHS.Boosters01@gmail.com or call Michelle Soares at 510-206-7872.
FOOD SHARE PROGRAM
AHS Science & Eco Club Advisor Julio Navarrete and AHS Sophomore Shreya Ramachandran participated in a FUSD Community Conversations segment, along with representatives from FUSD Child Nutrition Services and StopWaste. The topic was FUSD's recent decision to implement food share tables at all schools in the district. Food share tables was a pilot program at AHS and thanks to the success of our food share and donation program, FUSD is the first in the county (and possible the state) to have food share tables district-wide! The work of the AHS Science & Eco Club was essential to seeing this program grow.
The Science & Eco Club encourages everyone to check out stopfoodwaste.org for tips on how to reduce food waste at home, which can help to save money and our environment.
UPCOMING PARENT EVENTS
Parent Chat - Registration Presentation and Q & A with AHS Counselors
Thursday, Feb. 7th, 6pm
PTSA Meeting (Executive Board only)
Thursday, Feb. 7th, 7pm
AHS Band Parent Organization Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 12th, 7:30pm
AHS Faculty Commons
Wednesday, Feb. 13th, 6:30pm
DATES TO KNOW THIS YEAR
District Holidays (no school)
- Labor Day - Monday, September 3
- Veterans Day - Monday, November 12
- Thanksgiving Break - Monday, Nov. 19 - Friday, Nov. 23
- Winter Break - Monday, Dec. 24 - Friday, Jan. 4
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 21
- Presidents’ Day - Monday, February 18
- Spring Break - Friday, April 19 - Friday, April 26
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
Minimum days (school dismissed at 1:15)
- Friday, September 21
- Wednesday, November 14
- Thursday, November 15
- Friday, November 16
- Friday, December 21
- Friday, March 1
- Thursday, April 18
1st Semester Finals (school begins at 9:00 and dismissed at 1:30)
- Wednesday, January 23
- Thursday, January 24
- Friday, January 25
2nd Semester Finals (school begins at 9:00 and school dismissed at 1:30)
- Monday, June 10
- Tuesday, June 11
- Wednesday, June 12
- PTSA Grad Nite - Friday, June 7 - Sunday, June 9
- Senior 2nd Semester Finals - Wednesday, June 5 and Thursday, June 6
- Senior Debt and Final Transcript Checkout - Monday, June 10
- Senior Graduation Practice - Tuesday, June 11
- AHS Graduation Ceremony - Wednesday, June 12, 3:00 p.m. at TAK Stadium
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE REGISTRATION - FamilyID
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for American High School Athletics through FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile.
The best thing is that you will enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs, so you will only have to remember your login information to be able to resubmit for each season and/or year.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
If you want to upload your physical, please make sure you have a clear, legible copy from your doctor (M.D. or D.O. only) including the office stamp, doctor signature, and date. The physical must be within the last calendar year for it to be valid. If you still wish to bring a hard copy in, you may turn it in to Office B after you complete the online registration process.
Even if you have already completed the paperwork process for a fall or winter sport (2018-19), you will need to redo it on FamilyID if you wish to participate in a Spring sport. If you submitted a physical for the fall or winter season, we have it on file and you will not need a copy of it. Registration for Spring sports will open on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 on FamilyID and close on Monday, February 11, 2019.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Medical insurance information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: https://www.familyid.com/american-high-school
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the online registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
- In order to complete the registration process, you will need to pick up your clearance sheet from Office B to take to tryouts and if you have a donation check, you can bring it in at this time as well.
At any time, you may login at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you are having trouble following the directions above, you can watch a brief new user video to help create an account here.
- If you need further assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available seven days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
2019 WINTER SPORTS
We encourage all parents and students to attend AHS athletic events and cheer on our student-athletes!
If you would like to help support AHS athletics, please join the AHS Boosters! Our meetings are the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the AHS Library.
Winter Sports Schedules
Fremont Unified School District is now accepting donations online! Follow this link to make your donation.