NMS Science PLC
November 13, 2014
-Are we blueprinting?
-Scantrons in Eduphoria?
-Try to include at least one griddable on each test in each grade level.
-Include open ended responses on each test.
-Increase use of stimulus on exams (charts, tables, graphs)
2. Interactive Notebooks - Bring samples to share and generate ideas.
-Are students doing left-side activities?
-How are you organizing them?
-Table of contents
-Cornell notes/Marking the Text
Atmosphere: Relaxed but focused and productive. Student centered.
Productivity: Every PLC or Planning meeting will end in the creation of a product OR a plan for implementation
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency