Cedar Cross Cooperative Preschool
Back to School Edition
Getting Ready for Fall
The count down begins, and we can't wait! Teachers will return to classrooms the first week of August to start preparing classroom, curriculum, and more! We will have dates for upcoming class Open Houses (Teacher meet and greets), Parent Orientation, and first day of school dates all finalized by August 9th. Please stay tuned! Currently we are patiently waiting for Everett School district to finalize their calendars. We follow Everett Public Schools calendar for Holiday's, Breaks, and Inclement Weather. We do not follow their half days, Teacher work days, or Early release.
Mark Your Calendars
October 20th: Swans Trail Farms Pumpkin Patch Field Trip @ 10am - ALL CLASSES: Registration Opens August 15th. This field trip is limited to Registered Students, and 1 accompanying adult only and cost $6.50 per person. Please see details, and register under forms in Jovial account. *Babies in carriers under the age of 2 are free.
October 27th - 29th: Classroom Halloween Parties
November 11th - Veterans Day (No School)
November 24th - 26th: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
I have attached the Parent Handbook below. Please take the time to read through it. You are welcome to email or call me with any questions! Please know that the information in the parent handbook can change if the Health department or CDC change any protocols or procedures. If changes are made all families will be made aware as soon as possible.
We look forward to getting to know all of our students and their families in the upcoming weeks! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Student Class Supplies
Each student will have their own supply bag. Please Bring a Gallon Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name and the following supplies:
*Please buy what is specified, and please do not purchase fancy markers that smell, or glitter crayons for class. They are super cool, but please leave those at home.
- 24-pack of Crayola Crayons
- 10-pack of Crayola Markers
- 2 - Elmer's Glue Sticks (Non scented, not gel)
- Child Profile - Tell us about your kiddo! (I recommend filling this out in August) Form can be found in Jovial.
- Federal Background check through MinistrySafe - Full Federal Background checks must be completed every 2 years on all adults working in the classroom. You will be emailed an email with an individual link in Early August.
- Sexual Abuse Awareness Training. Sexual Abuse Awareness Training must be completed every 2 years on all adults working in the classroom. You will be emailed an email with an individual link in Early August.
- Parent Orientation Date not yet determined. Usually a week before class starts. We have found its much easier Digitally.
- Immunization Records - Upload a picture, or pdf to Family portal under requirements, Immunizations, or bring a hard copy with you to be kept at school. Washington State Requires all children enrolled in private or public childcare and school to provide medically verified proof of immunizations uploaded to your Jovial account(picture or pdf). For more information please use this link: https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/Immunization/SchoolandChildCare/RuleChanges - Due the first day of class.
- Full Change of Clothes for child's cubby - Full details listed in Jovial.-Due the first day of class.
- Comfort Kit, in case of emergency - Full details listed in Jovial. - Due the first day of Class
- Fundraising - Cedar cross relies on Fundraising each year. Families are require to participate in fundraising. The fundraising for Fall 2021 has not yet been determined. There is always a $60 buy-out option available to families not wanting to participate. - Due date to be determined usually beginning of October.
Working Parent Schedules and Sign Ups
Jovial is our family accounting app. Please use jovial to view all billing, make payments, check requirements, and family registration information. Please enter your account email address, and an access link will be emailed to you.
Class Order Due Date: 09/30/20 Class Code: RFNW7 *Books are shipped to Ms.Katie and will be distributed at packet pick-ups
2/3 and Monday/Wednesday 3/4 Class Teacher