We Are Together Tamanend!
November 2, 2018
Thank You for Reading Our Newsletter!
Un livre de recettes
9th grade French 2 students in Madame Orinski's classes celebrated the end of their food and recipe unit by preparing their favorite family recipe for their peers. They wrote both the ingredients and the steps of preparation in French before sharing and sampling their recipes with one another. We even created a class cookbook (un livre de recettes) of all the recipes that will be distributed to each student before the holidays. Bravo tout le monde!
Middle Bucks Institute of Technology Open House--Nov. 29
Community Service Club Celebrates Halloween at Neshaminy Manor
Six members of the Community Service Club traveled to Neshaminy Manor to celebrate the season! They enjoyed socializing at a Halloween party and accompanying residents on a hayride. Thank you to Mrs. Mancini and Mrs. Wilhelm for attending the event as well.
2018 Denim Day and Pink Out
The Tamanend Middle School 2018 Denim Day and Pink Out was a huge success! The Tigers roared for a cure as students and staff proudly wore their pink throughout the school. Working together, the Tamanend Community raised over $1100 for the American Cancer Society. A special thanks to Mrs. Mancini for organizing this event.
Tamanend Players Musical Auditions
Join us for the 8th Annual Tamanend Coffeehouse
The 8th Annual Tamanend Coffeehouse will be held on Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm in the Tamanend Cafeteria. The Coffeehouse features a variety of student-prepared musical performances and is a great way to celebrate Tamanend’s talent in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Admission is $5 at the door and hot beverages and snacks will be sold for $1 each.
Continuing the Red Ribbon Week Conversation
Halloween Candy Collection for Soldiers & Veterans
7th Grade drop off (Room 328)
8th grade drop off (Room 234)
9th grade drop off (Room 229)
Thank you so much for your support of this good cause!
Reminder--Help Us Recognize Veterans in our Community
As Veterans Day approaches, Tamanend Middle School would like to honor those who have served our country. On Monday, November 12th we will hold our Veterans Day Assembly. We would like this presentation to be meaningful not just for our students, but also for local veterans in our community. As such, if you have the email addresses of friends or family who have served in the armed forces who may be interested in joining us that morning, please send this information to Jeff Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 1st. Thank you.
Reminder--The Next Meeting of the Tamanend Parent Book Club is November 7
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
News from the Athletic Department
- Congratulations to the 8th grade girls field hockey team on a great season!
Congratulations to the 8th grade boys soccer team on a great season and earning a spot in the district championship game!!
If you are interested in participating in a Tamanend Winter sport--GIRLS BASKETBALL, WRESTLING, BOYS BASKETBALL--there are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the Winter sports season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page which can be found HERE.
- If you played a Fall sport, your physical is already on file. Therefore you only need to submit Section 7/Recertification of the PIAA physical.
- If you did not play a Fall sport, you must submit Sections 5 & 6 of the PIAA physical.
- For those trying out for GIRLS BASKETBALL and those planning to WRESTLE, whether you played a Fall sport or not…please register on Family ID and submit your physical paperwork as soon as possible as tryouts begin this Monday, November 5th for girls basketball. Wrestling begins later in November.
FROM CB SOUTH:
CB South will be holding a make-up concussion meeting/impact testing on Monday November 5th at 3pm for those students who missed the session on Monday, October 29th. This is only for student-athletes trying out for a CB South sport and will take place in room D204.
- Tryouts for girls basketball are Friday, November 16 from 6:00-8:30; Saturday, November 17 from 11:30-2:30; and Sunday, November 18 from 11:00-2:00
- Tryouts for boys basketball Friday, November 16 from 5:00-6:30 (9th grade only; in the auxiliary gym); Saturday, November 17 from 8:30-11:30; and Monday, November 19 from 3:00-6:00
- There will be a CB South baseball parent informational meeting on Wed., Nov. 14 at 7:00pm in Room D205 at South
CB South Ice Hockey News
Reminder--Early-Bird Online Discount for Tamanend Yearbook
From now until December 31, 2018 the price of the Tamanend yearbook is $35. After December 31, the price will be $40. To take advantage of these early-bird online yearbook specials, click here.
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
Talking to Your Child About Vaping
Reminder--Parent Postive: Strengthening the Family When Faced With Adversity
Please join Doylestown Health Medical Staff clinicians on November 8 at 7:00 PM at Lenape Middle School to learn practical tips and effective coping strategies to implement as a family when faced with adversity. Topics include how the family structure impacts both child and adult health, dealing with an ill child in the hospital and positive coping methodologies with an aging loved one. Following the presentation, there will be a panel discussion. Babysitting will be provided for children in Kindergarten thru 6
th grade, pre-registration is required. Parents can register here for the event.
CB Cares--Boomerang Award
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900