West Olympia CC February 11
Foundations & Essentials Week 17, Challenge Week 5
RESCHEDULED! Parent Equipping: Looking Ahead
No matter where we are in our homeschooling & CC journey, we want to know what lies ahead. This Equipping Event is for all families, whether you are starting a new level or not. Come and glean some vision of what is coming as you hear from our directors and other parents on the levels that are ahead of you - both Essentials and Challenge!
TUESDAY, February 16, 7pm, West Side Panera, RSVP to Melissa at email@example.com
March 7, 7pm, West Side Panera, RSVP to Renee-Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundations Week 17: Digging Deeper
We had a wonderful time painting on plaster of Paris as we learned about Michelangelo. Khan Academy is a great resource for digging deeper! Sistene Chapel, Moses. There are other videos and articles there - but beware of the appropriateness of some of the paintings and sculptures.
A great biography of Hernan Cortez - with a nice 3 minute video that ends with the sad truth of what happens when one people group 'conquers' another.
- Check out your Classical Acts and Facts HIstory Card # - see page of your Foundations Guides for more connections between the timeline points and the history sentences.
Essentials Week 17 - Here is an online math games site - which includes Battleship!
- Drawing the digestive system and defining terms such as pancreas, appendix, and spleen.
- Writing a persuasive paper on "A Door in the Wall" using their outines.
- Finishing up Catechism for "It Couldnt Just Happen"- 54 questions and answers memorized!
- Read “The Schoolboy’s Story” Is there a Bible verse that speaks to the theme or issue in the stories? Bring the verse to class and be prepared to discuss how it applies.
- Write direct and cross–examination questions for the prosecution witnesses.
- Read Ch 5 of Defeating Darwinism and define: reductionism; natural selection; the matter/information debate.
- Read "Investment Survival in Today’s Tough World" in Bluestocking Guide.
- Continue to accumulate research on their chosen project
- Write the 1AC for the Immigration Case as assigned.
- Prepare for the dissection for next week on Phylum Chordata.
- Is Robinson Crusoe a likeable or admirable character? Support their response with evidence from the book.
- Research and write a summary of Ludwig van Beethoven