WHS Principal Post April 2018
Monthly Principal Newsletter
Dear WHS Families,
Below you will find some recent highlights as well as a look ahead to the happenings in April!
April 2018- Dates to Note:
- 4/6, Friday, WHS School Colors Day
- 4/6, Friday, WHS PTA Movie Night- Cars 3, Doors open at 6:15pm, pick up at 8:15pm
- 4/7, Saturday, D44 Pancake Day, 7:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. @ GWMS Cafeteria
- 4/11, Wednesday, D44 EARLY RELEASE DAY, Students dismissed at 1:15 p.m.
- 4/12, Thursday, WHS Kindergarten Orientation, 6:30- 8:00 p.m.
- 4/13, Friday, Grade 3 Field Trip, North Central College- Play
- 4/13, Friday, WHS PTA Talent Show Auditions, 3:15-6:00 p.m. - GYM
- 4/17, Tuesday, WHS PTA Meeting, 7pm, LRC
- 4/19, Thursday, GWMS Drama Production, 6:30 p.m. (Show 1)
- 4/20, Friday, GWMS Drama Production, 6:30 p.m. (Show 2)
- 4/21, Saturday, GWMS Drama Production, 2:30 p.m. (Show 3)
- 4/24, Tuesday, WHS Family Fun Night, 6:00-7:30 p.m. FLYER
- 4/27, Friday, WHS Talent Show Rehearsal 3:15- 6:00 p.m.
- 4/30, Monday, D44 Gr. 4-8 Spring Band Concert @ GEHS, 7:00 p.m.
The WHS Star Cast from March:
Below you will find the most recent "WHS Starcast" Episode. This is the March 2018 episode.
WHS Star Constellations Update
In March, our Star Constellations groups created "Hammerschmidt's Starry Night". Our art selection was broken up into 128 squares. Each group was assigned 4 random squares and then all of the square canvases were brought together to create a schoolwide display. Ask your child(ren) which squares they helped to create.
Star Constellations in April
Our team is planning an April lesson centered around random acts of kindness. Students will be given some time to plan and execute a chosen act of kindness for a fellow WHS student. A "Pay it Forward" challenge will all be issued at the end of the lesson. This next Star Constellations group meeting day is on our April 11th Early Release Day.
Click HERE for the WHS PARCC Testing Schedule
PARCC Testing will take place in the WHS LRC and involves student in grades 3, 4, and 5 only.
T- Shirt Deadline is April 13th
In order to guarantee a race shirt for race day, students and parents need to be registered by April 13th. You can register after this date, however, we cannot guarantee you will have the shirts/ correct size by race day. We will have extras, but when they are gone, they are gone. We can place an order after race day, but you will not have your shirt on race day. The best way to guarantee your T-shirt by race day is to register before April 13th!
Kindergarten Orientation is on April 12th
If you have an incoming Kdg. student, please attend our WHS Kindergarten Orientation. This event is for you and your incoming kindergarteners. During the presentation, our WHS Staff will lead our future students through a variety of activities.
Explore 44 Summer Program for Incoming 5th- 8th Graders from D44
D44 has a new summer program for student entering Grade 5-8. Check out the information below.