Guardian of the Shield
Who will be #50?
Here are seven awesome reasons to become a Guardian!
1. NO MORE ADMISSION AT BLUE JAY OR BULLDOG HOME GAMES!
- You know you're tired of pulling out your wallet each time you come to a game. With your membership, you and a guest show your keytag and get in free for the rest of 2015-16!
2. FREE POPCORN!
- That's right--at every high school home game, you just go to Concessions, show your Guardian Keytag and you will receive a complimentary bag of popcorn.
3. EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
- Treat Grandma and Grandpa (they'll love not having to pay to get into games), favorite Aunt, Uncle or Neighbor--or treat yourself to an early present and enjoy the benefits of the Guardian program right now!
4. SHINY, NEW KEYTAGS WITH AQUIN APPEAL!
- Your old keychain has seen better days. You'll get 2 new ones with your Guardianship. The tags are silver with a large ring for lots of keys.
5. PREFERRED SEATING AT AQUIN THEATER PRODUCTIONS!
- Just call Peg when the ticket sales begin for our Fall and Spring productions and you'll be up close to the action on the performance nights (there is a limited time to reserve your preferred seating though, so don't wait too long)
6. MORE FREE GIFTS!
- In response to suggestions from last year, we have replaced 2 of the events with gift deliveries. A Blue Jay or Bulldog will bring you a very special Christmas gift and a (hopefully) very lucky March gift. Your rewards with that one could be huge!
7. FREE ADMISSION TO 4 GUARDIAN EVENTS!
- This Saturday's admission to 'Octoberfest' becomes FREE when you complete your Guardian papers this week--or even that night. Sounds like a great date night (and there are 3 more lined up for you after this one)!
If these 7 reasons don't convince you, read on for more benefits and details of this year's program. As always, if you have any questions at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-235-3154 x 226.
Protecting the Future
A shield provides protection to the one who bears it. We strive to provide Aquin students with a shield of Responsibility, Respect, Faith, Leadership, Service, Knowledge and Character. But we can’t do it alone. We need the support--both spiritually and financially--of our parents, our alumni and our community.
In this vein, we ask you to support our ‘Guardian of the Shield’ program. As a supporter you will help protect the future of our students and our school system--and your rewards will be great.
With your support and the hard work and dedication of our families, staff, faculty and friends, we will keep the shield alive.
$700 x 100 = $70,000!
Guardian of the Shield Donation Program
Through the Guardian program, community members, businesses, alumni and families will pledge to donate $700 to Aquin. This donation will be made as a one-time payment or can be made in seven $100 ACH payments to Aquin from October-April. As a sign of appreciation for this support, Guardians will earn certain privileges. There is a limited number of 100 Guardianships per school year.
Free Admission for a Guardian and a guest (2 people total) to all Aquin home games
Free Admission for a Guardian and a guest to 1 performance of Aquin's Fall Play and Aquin's Spring Musical
1 Free bag of popcorn at each Aquin home Senior High Football, Volleyball or Basketball games
Free Admission for a Guardian and a guest to 4 'Guardian Nights'
Guardian Nights will be held in September, November, February and April, and will be entirely planned, funded, prepared and cleaned up by the parents of Aquin.
2 Guardian 'Gifts' will be delivered in December and March.
3-4 classes will be paired together to host 1 Guardian Night per year.
Each class has at least 1 class rep to inform, motivate, lead the class.
Guardian Nights will also be open to anyone who pays admission, which will vary from event to event.
Guardian name will be listed on 'Guardian of the Shield' webpage.
Guardian of the Shield Student Program
Teachers and staff nominate students to be recognized at each level. Administration selects the student at each level (elementary, junior high and senior high) who best exemplifies the quality of the month. Students will be recognized in local media--and receive a Jean Day Pass!