OHS Counselor Corner 2022-2023
Mrs. Nuria Clarke
Mrs. Deisy Ortiz
VCC DE Contact
Ms. Devyani Balladin
School Counselor Updates
- Counselor Caseloads have changed make sure you check out the new breakdown:)
- All students can come to Guidance during Lunches (A/B) to see their counselor without an appointment. Please do not just send students down to guidance unless it is a CRISIS situation. Emails and appointments only:)
- College and Career Room is open during lunches:)
College and Career Updates
College Application Season
- Apply to 4-6 colleges (Do not put all your eggs in one basket)
- College list and applications need to be done on Xello.
- Common Application and Coalition need to be used when only option for a college. Please make sure to add all information correctly and your school counselor info as well.
- Transcripts must be requested on Xello. Contact your school counselor for each school that you need records sent to.
Letters of Recommendations
Please ask the person you are requesting a letter from ahead of time. Give 48-72 hours for it to be completed.
VCC Dual Enrollment Spring 2023/ OTECH FAll 2023
Applications for SPRING 2023
Please see your counselor for more information. Application window opens Sept 12- Oct 10 2022
- Have a 3.0 minimum unweighted cumulative (high school) GPA for grades 6-11 at the time of application or a minimum 3.0 weighted cumulative GPA for high school seniors at time of application. (Not applicable for homeschool/FLVS applicants)
- Obtain eligible college-ready test scores through the PERT, ACT and/or SAT in all three sections (Reading, Writing/English and Math) by the assessment score deadline.
Link for Steps for Application Process
OTech: For all oTech Dual enrollment questions, please schedule time to speak with a campus advisor:
Fall Application Deadline: February
Spring Application Deadline: September**OTech has not updated their Spring Application YET.
- 2.0 unweighted GPA
- junior or senior high school student
- Must pass the Reading FSA and Algebra EOC or PERT.
- Students will follow the sequence of courses for each program.
- There are full-time and part-time options.
Important Dates Guidance and College and Career
- Spring Valencia College Dual Enrollment Registration: September 12th- Oct 10
- 504 Meetings ON-Going
- Senior One on One Meetings through English classes: Sept 19th- Oct 6th
- College Week: September 26th-30th
- Quest bridge Application Opens: September 27th (Juniors/Seniors)
- On-Campus College Fair: September 29th (morning period 2-4)
- FAFSA Opens: October 1st
- Junior One on One Meetings through English classes: Oct 11th-22nd
- HBCU College Fair: October 7th
- School Days ACT: October 18th
- School Days SAT: October 12th
- Sophomore One on One Meetings: Dec 5th-16th
VCC Dual Enrollment https://valenciacollege.edu/admissions/dual-enrollment/
OTECH Dual Enrollment https://www.osceolaschools.net/domain/5458
Social Work Corner
FAFSA (Financial Aid)
Instructions on the Process below: