Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
July 16, 2021
Dear Inspire Families:
It is my sincere hope that his summer has brought you and your family time for real rest, joy, and connection. For Inspire staff, the last few weeks have brought a bit of quiet time and a chance to reflect on the school year and plan for the next.
We know that school is likely the last thing on your mind right now, but we wanted to keep you in the loop. Read on for more information about upcoming events, opportunities to volunteer, and first-days activities to kick off a wonderful new school year.
As always, don't hesitate to reach out to me with questions, concerns, and good ideas. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
Inspire School Plans for 2021-22
1) 2021 -22 School Calendar and Schedule - We are planning to return on Monday, August 9 full time, in person, and five days a week. You can access the school calendar here and the daily schedule here.
2) COVID-19 Protocols and Processes - Keep in mind, the guidelines are constantly changing. Here's what we know now!
- Masking will continue to be required for staff and students.
- Enhanced ventilation in classrooms.
- 3' minimum social distancing.
- Ten-day quarantine for students who test positive for COVID, or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- COVID vaccination strongly encouraged for students and staff.
3) Academic, Social, and Emotional Support - We know that students have been negatively impacted by the pandemic, and we plan to have supports in place for next year, including:
- Increased counseling services
- In-class tutors
- Lunch and after-school interventions
- Social-emotional learning in Advisories
If you missed the Parent/Guardian Information Meeting, you can view it by clicking the link here and entering the Passcode: Z$8KHx7u.
New Student Orientation: August 6, 2021
Meet us on campus from 9 a.m. to noon. Lunch will be provided!
Counseling Office Summer Hours
If you have questions or concerns and need to get in contact, email Tasha Teeter firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Martha Mendoza email@example.com -- someone will get back to you at their earliest convenience.
New Communication System: ParentSquare!
Welcome to ParentSquare – Your One-Stop-Shop for Inspire Updates and Information
Inspire knows that communication with families is a vital part of a healthy school community. We are constantly striving to keep families informed and up-to-date on important news and events. We know that communication from multiple sources and platforms can be overwhelming. So, we are excited to announce that–beginning in the 2021-22 school year–Inspire will send all communication to families through a new, streamlined Aeries communication tool called “Parent Square.” This will be your last e-mail from Principal Brown, via S'more!
Families can still access the communication tab through their Aeries Parent Portal, but there are several new features available:
- Families will be able to download the ParentSquare App to quickly manage their school communication and events in one centralized location.
- Parents and Guardians can view calendar items, sign forms and volunteer for school and classroom events directly from their centralized communication hub.
- Users can choose to receive school communication instantly (as they are sent) or receive one email for all announcements at the end of the day.
DOWNLOAD THE APP!
If you are viewing this message on your phone, click on a link below to download the app. If you are viewing on your computer, use your phone camera to hover over the QR image to download the app.
ENJOY THESE UPCOMING EVENTS WHILE HELPING BUILDING OUR NEW CAMPUS!!
Join us at Secret Trail Brewing Company and toast to a great cause!
Let's make a toast to quality education for our youth! The Inspire School of Arts & Sciences Foundation is proud to partner with Secret Trail Brewing Company on Saturday, July 24th, 3-8PM for an evening of fun, entertainment, and celebrating the Inspire mission.
Join us and purchase food and drinks while helping us build a new school and permanent home for the Inspire community. 20% of drink sales will benefit the Inspire Foundation. Live music by Webster Moore and Samaria Grace, as well as The Cana Road Band.
As a thanks to our donors, your first drink is on us! If you can't make it, we welcome you to invite someone in your place. Just email Celeste at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
All are welcome, so bring your family, friends, and neighbors. Your purchases will go directly toward improving the lives of young people in the North State, and we can't wait to connect with our community!
Want to become a monthly donor, join us today and we will celebrate YOU at this event! https://support.inspirechicofoundation.com/GEMS
JOIN US AT WINE TIME
Music by Inspire student, Reece Thompson, and the beloved band, Sunday Iris. Appetizers expertly prepared by the team at Wine Time. One free glass of wine or beer included, with additional available for purchase. $25 per ticket.
These community events are designed for art, science, and education supporters that want to network, enjoy an early evening out, and support the Inspire Foundation with their ticket purchase. Invite your friends and colleagues, and purchase your ticket at support.inspirechicofoundation.com/wine-and-cheese. 21+ event - Tickets are limited, so purchase soon. We will see you soon!