Sept. 5th - 9th
From the desk of Mrs. Moldenhauer
We made it through the first week!
I am so proud of all of our student! I am learning their personalities very quickly and we have an awesome group of students. I just wanted to take a minute and talk about a couple highlights and events and items coming up:
- Today we had a lot of fun learning about different activities and games during our first day of Bullpup Bonanza. It was hot, but we all made it. Please remember to send a waterbottle with your student on tomorrow for our second day!
- Today I sent home a letter explaining our Third grade Clip Chart system. I introduced this system to our students today. Please read through it with your student and cut and sign the back page by September 8th.
- I have updated the Birthday Letter and dates CLICK HERE if your need to mark your calendar for when the students are celebrating with me. They can bring their birthday treats on or around their birthday!
- Curriculum Night: Instead of Curriculum Night, we will be creating a digital informational video that we would like you to watch. Then, if you have questions, please let us know. We will send this out the week of Sept. 12th.
- Gym Shoes: Please make sure your child has gym shoes and socks here. We have a 3 day rotation and your child needs gym shoes in order to participate. Mrs. Studer's class will have gym on Tuesday this upcoming week. Then, the rotation is: 1-Music, 2-Gym, 3-Art. We will have IMC on Wednesdays starting 9/13.
- Assignment Notebook:Please make sure and check your child's notebook each night. You should initial or sign the bottom of the daily assignment book EVERY NIGHT. Then, in the morning your child will receive a stamp if it is signed. If you have questions, please contact your child's teacher.
- Reading & Math Minutes: On Tuesday 9/6, your child will receive a reading and math calendar. Your child is required to read 15 minutes per night (Monday through Friday) and practice addition facts for 5 minutes per night (Monday through Friday). If your child is busy on Wed. night, he/she can double up on math facts on Thursday night & practice for 10 minutes. We just want the total of minutes to be 285 minutes for reading and 95 minutes for math. This will be due on Monday, Oct. 3rd. Each month we will have a celebration for the students that complete the minutes, turn it in on time and have a parent/guardian signature.
- Water Bottles and Snack:Your child is allowed to have a water bottle and snack each day. We will have snack in the afternoon at 1:50. Please label your child's water bottle. On Thursday (9/8) and Friday (9/9) we will be going outside to review playground rules for the Recess Bonanza. Please consider sending a water bottle with your child.
I understand that this is a learning process for all of us, so if you ever need to talk about anything that is going on with your child do not hesitate to either call or email me!
Mrs. Ashley Moldenhauer
- Wed. 7th- August Birthday Celebration (Deryn and Eric)
- Fri. 9th- Dad's Club Breakfast @6am
- Fri. 9th- Million Words or less assignment due
- Mon.. 12th Clip Chart and Math Parent Letter due
Weekly Learning Objectives
Math: Unit 1
Reviewing addition problem solving strategies: breaking apart the number, add up by place value, standard algorithm, pictorial representations & tally marks.
Math Fact Fluency: Addition Goal- 59 problems in 5 minutes
Reading: Learning how to retell and summarize various fiction stories.
Reader's Workshop:Students will learn the procedures and rule for independent reading time. Also, will learn about "Just Right" books.
Writing (Quarter 1):Personal Narratives-Writing about small & memorable moments that happened to themselves.
Social Studies: Learning about digital citizenship and computer/ chromebook procedures.
Word Study: Learning word study procedures and station rotations.
*Word Study groups that identify word patterns and sort words with teacher. Then, continue stations to practice the words.