Haley Munson, Amber Beaver, Emily Seaford
What did they do?
- Largest focus on working conditions
- Most progressive journalists were referred to as muckrakers because they would expose corruption and problems of society and industrialization
Exposed corruption in John D. Rockefeller's businesses
Muckraker who exposed city government corruption
Founder of the Hull House, pushed for child labor laws, safer working conditions, and anti-drug laws
Why did the progressives do this?
-- many working class people lived in poverty, because they worked long hours with little pay
- fought for women's suffrage because they believed women should have the same rights as men
- fought for government reform because the government was more focussed on making money rather than helping the people
- fought for an equal opportunity for all Americans to succeed