Shelbyville High School Newsletter
June 22, 2020
Congratulations to Mrs. Huntsman and her Agriscience students!!!!!!!!
Julia Hamblen was 1st in state in Food Agriscience.
Autumn Pike and Megan Wisker both worked hard as a team this year and were 2nd in state in Social Agriscience.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE OUTSTANDING STUDENTS!!!!!
Julia Hamblen was also elected as the State FFA President!
Here is information regarding graduation on July 25th.
- Graduation is Saturday, July 25th at 9:00 AM
- Each student will be limited to 4 tickets for graduation. 2 upper-level tickets and 2 lower level tickets.
- You must have a ticket to attend graduation. Graduating students do not need a ticket.
- Students will receive their tickets at graduation practice on July 24th at 10:00 AM. Attendance is mandatory if you are participating in graduation.
- We encourage you to bring your own mask to graduation.
- Social distancing will take place throughout the gym.
- This plan is subject to change if the State of Indiana or the Health Department lower the number of attendees.
- Graduation will be live-streamed on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWpP7icoDS1O4UflU0YTcw
Let's hope for a wonderful day for this group of seniors!
Collection of caps and lids
Shelbyville Central Schools 2020-2021 Calendar
SHS School Hours
2020-2021 Registration Information
- Graduation practice will be held on Friday, July 24th at 10:00 AM.
- We are still only collecting iPads from the senior class. Students in grades 9-11 won't turn in their iPad until a later date.
- Senior email accounts won't be deactivated until on or after August 1st. This is being changed from July 1st due to graduation being on July 25th.
- Any senior that wasn't able to pick up their cap and gown and return their iPad should stop by the SHS office any weekday between 7:30-12 and 1-3. We also have honor cords and scholarship packets in the office.
- Any student that still has a textbook or any other property from SHS needs to return it to the front office.
- Any student that still needs to pick up their locker contents must pick them up before the end of June. We will donate anything unclaimed to Goodwill in July. We still have many many unclaimed items.
Top 10 Banquet
SHS Squib-Parent Dedications
Course Fees are due.
Feel free to call 317-398-9731 ext 2003 if you have any questions.
- Mail check or money order to
Shelbyville High School
2003 S MIller
Shelbyville IN 46176
- Pay with cash, check or money order by dropping off in the front office of the HIgh School
- Pay online through your parent PowerSchool portail with a credit or debit card. *if you need assistance with this process please call the front office for assistance.
Senior parents, payments are due no later than graduation day, July 25, 2020.
Summer Lunch Program Info
Come Sing with Us at SHS!
Most of our academically successful students are those who take their academic studies seriously and make it a point to get involved in various, creative activities offered to students at Shelbyville High School. Often, students are just looking for a place to belong and thrive. There is a place for you in the SHS Choral Department!
All incoming freshmen and students in grades 10-12 are encouraged and invited to join one of the choirs at SHS for the 2020-2021 school year! Students without any choral experience are welcome to join the non-auditioned choirs available to all students (SHS Men’s Ensemble and the Choraliers), and students who exhibit a stronger ability and mature voice are encouraged to audition for the Varsity Singers and Synergy, the award-winning show choir at SHS. Our choir director, Mr. Kenemore, would love to work with as many students as possible this coming year, so please reach out to him via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how to get involved.
Auditions for Synergy for the 2020-2021 school year took place virtually last month, but the show choir still needs two more guys for next year’s group. If you would like to be involved in this exciting, performance-focused group, please contact Mr. Kenemore as soon as possible for information and to get a Google Classroom code to complete a virtual audition. Synergy’s summer camp is July 27-31, and Mr. Kenemore would like to get a full roster set in place by that time.
SCS Spring Newsletter
SHS Library Books
If you're looking for face masks to wear, Synergy's costuming designer is stepping up to fulfill a need during the current health crisis.
Gleaners Food Pantry @ SHS
The Gleaners Food Pantry at the Shelbyville High School will be on July 8 and July 22, from 3:00-4:00 at the D4 entrance at the gym.
SCS HOT SPOTS
We posted maps with locations of the Drive-Up Hotspots on the SCS eLearning Page at:
Parents can use the SCS-Guest wireless network with the password bears2020
Comcast Hot Spot Locations
SHELBYVILLE CENTRAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
We hope you consider becoming a partner with Shelbyville Central Education Foundation by funding some unique programs for our students’ school. All donations are tax-deductible and will provide our students with the resources to be successful now and in the future. Please visit shelbycs.org and look for the foundation page, there you will find the Golden Opportunities page. On this page you can browse all the projects that are in need of funding. Here is a direct link to that page. https://foundation.shelbycs.org/
Thank you for your continued support.