Thermal Energy- all of the kinetic energy due to random motion of the particles that make up an object.
- Particles move faster at higher temperatures.
- Particles move slower at lower temperatures.
- The faster the particles move the greater the kinetic energy.
- Thermal Energy also depends on the number of particles.
(The sun is an example of thermal energy)
Sound Energy- Is caused by an object's vibrations.
- Sound produces a low level of energy compared to other types of energy.
- Sound energy isn't really used for electricity.
- The measurement of sound energy is related to it's pressure and intensity.
- Sound travels faster than a liquid through the air.
Nuclear Energy- the energy that comes from changes in the nucleus of the atoms.
- The energy given off by the sun comes from nuclear energy.
- Fusion gives off a huge amount of energy.
- Fission is used to generate electrical energy at nuclear power plants.
(Nuclear Power Plant)