Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ October 23
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
If Lakeview is the only school you have ever experienced, you probably do not realize that the staff at Lakeview is especially gifted at building and maintaining positive relationships with our students and families. You might think this is how every elementary school in the world functions. You would be wrong! In these unique times, we are proud of the relationships and teamwork that exists within the school, between educators and students, and between the school and families. Relationships are what makes learning happen - no matter if we are virtual or in-person. Thank you!
Lakeview PTO Spirit Wear
• One student per slot on the Sign-Up Genius (not one family per slot)
• Enter through the front door
• Everyone entering the school must wear a mask (except when smiling for a picture). This includes adults that attend with their students.
• There will be two photographers at opposite ends of our gym
• Families will exit out the side door for one way traffic through the picture area
• All Lakeview students - including Lakeview students in the South Milwaukee Virtual Academy - should sign up and get pictures taken
• There will be an option for makeup photos at a later date
Meals during Virtual
Lakeview PTO Update
• The PTO provided lunch from Skyline Catering for the staff on October 8 - thank you!
• The return of the ROAR Awards (where families can recognize and appreciate Lakeview educators)
• An online Scholastic Book Fair starting on November 9. Usually we would have our book fair in-person during conferences, but we know families are looking for new books. Online orders of at least $25 will ship free directly to your house. More info to come.
• Upcoming fundraisers (Butterbraid orders will start on November 16 - stay tuned for ordering info!)
• Culver's Night for the Lakeview PTO on November 16. Mark your calendars!
• A Lakeview staff cookbook - now you and your students will be able to make your teacher's favorite foods in your own home. Maybe this will be a way to help your child eat his/her vegetables? No promises ...
• Plus the PTO is already planning for creative events in 2021.
Holiday Help For Your Family
If you are in need of help purchasing gifts for your children this year, we are once again partnering with Human Concerns to provide for our students (birth to senior year).
To sign up contact:
Human Concerns in South Milwaukee at 414-764-5340 by November 5
Molly Gallegos, High School Social Worker, at 414-766-5816 or
Brianne Nillissen Mah, Lakeview School Social Worker, at 414-766-5267 by November 16