The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
9.22.2014 - Monday
9.23.2014 - Tuesday
- Pre-School & K-2 SCHOOL PICTURES
9.24.2014 - Wednesday
- 3-5 SCHOOL PICTURES
9.25.2014 - Thursday
- NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
This was another fantastic week! Thank you to everyone who came out to support our two "Back-to-School" night events. It is always wonderful to meet you and see you engage with our staff.
The upcoming session of Super Science is in need of your TRASH!! Please save your CLEAN ad EMPTY Spaghetti Sauce jars with lids (26 ounce) and CLEAN and EMPTY 20 ounce or larger Soup Cans (the pop top style/without the sharp edges).
All donations can be sent into school with your child to my attention before October 2nd.
This coming week includes Picture Day, as well as two days off due to Rosh Hashanah. Happy New Year to those who celebrate!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
The New Assessments - PARCC
This school year marks the beginning of a new form of standardized assessment in New Jersey. For the first time, all third-eleventh grade students will participate in an online assessment during two testing periods in March and April/May. The PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Career) will assess students in English Language Arts and Mathematics. This new assessment will replace the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) English Language Arts and Mathematics assessment for Grades 3-8 and the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA) for eleventh grade students. Students in fourth and eighth grades will still take a paper and pencil assessment for NJ ASK Science in May. Students who are enrolled in a Biology I will also take a paper and pencil end of course assessment in May, the New Jersey Biology Competency Test. The South Brunswick School District Testing Services website (http://www.sbschools.org/departments/testing_services/index.php) has been updated to reflect these changes. Please check here for additional information or access the PARCC website directly (www.parcconline.org).
JOIN ODYSSEY OF THE MIND!
A form to join the wonderful ODYSSEY OF THE MIND experience in South Brunswick was sent home, or will be sent home today. ODYSSEY OF THE MIND is a great opportunity for children to participate in problem-solving, critical thinking, and creative challenges. Please contact Mrs. O'Brien with any questions.
TO REGISTER, download the Friday Folder announcement by clicking here!!!
~ PTO NEWS ~
All club applications are due TODAY....September 19th! Unfortunately no exceptions will be allowed. Be on the look out for test e-mails for club programs this weekend.
Reminder: the upcoming session of Super Science is in need of these two items! Please send in any large/empty soup cans (without sharp edges.....like shown) and empty and clean spaghetti jars (with lids) to Mrs.O'Brien.
5th Grade Fund - Fundraiser - KidStuff Books
It is that time of year again. It is time for the KidStuff fifth grade fundraiser. All fifth graders will be bringing home a KidStuff coupon book to browse. All other students (PreK-4) should will receive a KidStuff flyer order form.
If you would like to order one or more coupon books from any of the over 20 different editions offered please complete the form and attach a check (made out to Cambridge PTO) or cash in a sealed envelope labeled KidStuff and your child's name. Any books not wanted must be returned by September 29th in the condition they were sent home.
For every 5 books ordered your family earns a free book!
If you have any questions please contact Becca Gater email@example.com.
5th GRADE FUND
Do you know what the 5th Grade Fund is? It's money that the PTO spends to celebrate our 5th Grade students as they attend their last year at Cambridge School. Even if your child is not a 5th grader this year, you should support this sale because one day your child WILL be a 5th grader at Cambridge School and the PTO will celebrate them as well!
As part of the 5th Grade Fund, the PTO provides FREE to each 5th Grade Student:
- Special 5th Grade T-Shirts with each student's signature
- Refreshments at the 5th Grade Farewell
- Funds to offset the cost of the 5th Grade Trip
- September 23rd - Pre-K - 2nd Picture Day
- September 24th - 3rd-5th Grade Picture Day
- September 25th - NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- September 26th - NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- October 1st - EARLY RELEASE DAY (Professional Development)
- October 6th - 10th - Week of RESPECT
- October 9th - Convocation (Daytime Event)
- October 9th - South Brunswick Parent Academy - PARCC - 7pm
- October 16th - South Brunswick Parent Academy - Tech Down - 7pm
- October 23rd - NO SCHOOL - Diwalli
- October 24th - Walk-A-Thon Event
- October 31st - Halloween (Parade & Party)
- November 3rd - 5th - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences
- November 6th - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- November 7th - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- November 10th - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- November 11th - NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
- November 12th - Early Release - Conferences
- November 21st - PTO EVENT - Vendor Night/Holliday Shoppe
- November 26th - EARLY RELEASE - Thanksgiving
- November 27th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- November 28th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- December 5th - PTO EVENT - BINGO NIGHT - 7pm
- December 23rd - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- December 24th - January 4th - Winter Break