SLOW THE SPREAD AFTER THANKSGIVING
REDUCE LA PROPAGACIÓN
PLEASE COVID-TEST BEFORE RETURNING TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2022
Dear Students and Families,
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID during winter cold and flu season, we are encouraging all students to use an antigen rapid home-testing kit before returning to school after the Thanksgiving holiday, regardless of the student's vaccination status or the presence of symptoms. The tests are being distributed to all students by their schools during the last week of school before the holiday break.
Testing is not required. However, it is strongly encouraged and may reduce the possibility of a COVID surge in our schools this winter.
Superintendent of Schools
The expiration dates on the test kits pictured below were extended by the test kit manufacturer and confirmed by the FDA. They are valid until at least December 31, 2022. Find more details on expiration dates on the FDA website here.
Here's how the testing program works:
- Each student will receive a test kit that contains two tests or two single test kits.
- Each student should test on Sunday, November 27.
- Students that test negative but have cold or flu-like symptoms should use the second test to test again before returning to school, and only after their symptoms are improving and they remain negative.
- Students that test positive should isolate for at least 5 full days after the symptoms start, or after the first positive test date if there are no symptoms.
- Students that test positive should use the second test to test on Day 5 or later, as long as there is no fever and the symptoms are improving.
- Students that test positive should end isolation only after 5 days, and with a negative test, no fever, and with symptoms that are improving.
- Students that still test positive on or after Day 5, or students who do not test at all but have symptoms, should isolate for 10 full days, and until there is no fever, before returning to school.
How do I report a COVID absence?
Call the COVID Center at 951 509 5014.
Use the QR code below to go directly to the Google form to report the case and the absence. Or, click on this link to access the form. If you complete the form you do not need to call in your absence to your school. Due to the potential high volume of cases, please complete the form instead of calling. The form can be completed on a smart phone or a computer.