Are YOU a victim?
We are all affected by sexual abuse
- There are 200,000 accounts of sexual abuse every year
- About 44% of the victims are 18 years or younger
- Half of all assaults go unreported
- Sexual assault traumatizes the victims, and leaves them emotionally scarred for life.
- Rape doesn't only affect the victims, but also those around them.
KEEP YOURSELF SAFE FROM SEXUAL ASSAULT
- Join a public program for self defense in your local college, university, YMCA, school, etc.
- Carry a taser, mace, anti-rape condom, or chastity belt
- Try to walk with a friend or group. Remember, rape doesn't just happen at night. Keep yourself with people around you
Don't keep yourself in the dark
- Contact a counselor, trusted individual, or parents/guardians for help
- Call 9-1-1 immediately
- There is a hotline for sexual assault in order to report any case