Discover Your Way to Success
Implementing a Blended-Learning Program
1. All details for success must be understood by those people implementing the program
2. The plan must make sense to everyone involved for consistency and appropriate actions to take place
3. The people the program affects including the community and parents must be predictable and stable as the plan unfolds.
"Successful schools are able to re-assess their environments and adjust them as needed.
Being flexible by updating your assumptions inherent in the model is key."(page 267- 2nd para.)
Discovery Driven Planning Process
1. List desired outcomes.
2. Determine what assumptions must prove true for outcomes to be realized.
3. Implement a plan to learn to test whether the critical assumptions are reasonable.
4. Implement the strategy when key assumptions prove true.
Use this when you are implementing something that is unfamiliar and unpredictable
Starting with Outcomes
What are you trying to accomplish?
Create an Assumptions Checklist
Analyze your Assumptions
How confident are you that each assumption is correct? (Are you willing to give up one year's salary if you are wrong? ;)
Now rank your assumptions; 1 signals no confidence, 3 signals real confidence
After your assumptions are ranked, place them in the graph on page 274 and you now have the assumptions checklist!