Life in the 1700s
By: Caroline Horn
Johann Sebastian Bach
- Born on March 31, 1685
- Born in Thuringia, Germany
- Famous works include: "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor", "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and a series called "Branenburg Concertos"
George Frederick Handel
- Born on February 23, 1685
- Born in Halle, Germany
- Famous works include: the opera "Rinaldo", "Messiah" and "Almira"
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Born on January 27, 1756
- Born in Salzburg, Austria
- Famous works include: "Die Entfuhrung", the opera "The Marriage of Figaro" and the opera "The Magic Flute"
- Description: Stylistically complex, often naturalism and classicism coexisted in one pice of art and it often strives to entice emotion
- Famous works include: "The Conversion of St. Paul" (Pictured above), "The Raising of the Cross" and "The Night Watch"
- Description: Lightness, elegance, exuberance use of curving and refined
- Famous works include: "Lessons of Love", "Diana after the hunt" (Pictured above) and "A Lady in the Garden Taking Coffee With Some Children"
- Work: Many worked on their own patches of land while some were tenants for large land owners.
- Food: They ate mostly bread, beans, peas and vegetable (they rarely ate meat or dairy products).
- Entertainment: They played games such as hockey, stickball, soccer and golf. They played games, often they were ones they made themselves
- Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://www.biography.com/people/johann-sebastian-bach-9194289#related-video-gallery>.
- Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://www.biography.com/people/george-handel-9327378>
Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://www.biography.com/people/wolfgang-mozart-9417115>.
"Baroque Period | Art." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://www.britannica.com/art/Baroque-period>.
"Rococo Style | Design." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://www.britannica.com/art/Rococo-style-design>.
"Social and Economic Life in Early Modern Europe: Peasantry, Nobility & Early Modern Economies - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com."Study.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://study.com/academy/lesson/social-and-economic-life-in-early-modern-europe-peasantry-nobility-early-modern-economies.html>.
Ellis, Elisabeth Gaynor., Anthony Esler, and Burton F. Beers. World History: Connections to Today: The Modern Era. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003. Print.
"Games & Entertainment of the Middle Ages | Games." Games & Entertainment of the Middle Ages | Games. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2016. <http://middleages.8m.com/games.htm>.