Springman Middle School - September 24th
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to translate it into your language.
- Mire este breve video para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducirlo a su idioma.
- 귀하의 언어로 번역하는 방법에 대한 지침은이 짧은 비디오를 시청하십시오.
- Үүнийг хэрхэн богино хугацаанд өөрийн хэл рүү хөрвүүлэх зааврыг энэ видеоноос үзээрэй.
- Obejrzyj ten krótki film, aby uzyskać instrukcje, jak przetłumaczyć go na swój język.
- Посмотрите это короткое видео, чтобы узнать, как перевести его на ваш язык.
September 24th, 2021
We hope you had a wonderful week. As you head into the weekend we wanted to provide a few updates and important information for next week. Please take a look below for the highlights and links to helpful resources:
Updates + Important Information
- SHIELD Testing: Testing is set to begin this week throughout all D34 buildings. The Middle Schools will test each Wednesday during all PE classes. Please click HERE for our NEW Wednesday schedule to accommodate testing and the requirement of no food/drink one hour prior to testing. Students have been notified of this change and posters were placed around the school. Please share with your student(s) as well. For more information regarding SHIELD testing click HERE (email sent to all D34 families on 9/22).
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T/C will take place on Friday, October 15th. Conferences will be held via zoom and more information regarding this event will be shared with all families in early October, including conference sign up guidance and form.
- TikTok Monthly Challenges: As you are aware, TikTok challenges everywhere have negatively impacted many schools and even homes. As we continue to work together to combat these trends we wanted to make you aware of additional information circulating on this platform. Below is an image of information shared by a nearby police department regarding what is trending right now on TikTok. The consequences overall, even legal, are very damaging if these acts are carried out so please discuss with our student(s) over the weekend.
WOW (Wildcat of the Week)
Each week students and staff will be nominated for successfully showcasing the #WildcatWay! Congratulations to our Wildcats of the Week!
Respectful.On Task.Always Safe.Responsible
Upcoming Important Events + Updates
Springman Book Fair
Your students will have an opportunity to browse the fair and purchase books during the school day. Due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to have family members browse the in-person fair as we have in the past. However, there is a virtual option for families to order our books! Please see the following handout for directions on ordering books virtually.
School Photos Are In!
I do not like my photo and would like a retake, what do I do?
Picture retakes are scheduled for Tuesday, October 12th. No need to sign up. Simply bring your photograph packet back to school on the 12th, hand it to the photographer, and SMILE :)
If you did not receive pictures, no worries! Students will get the picture taken during the grade level time and simply provide their name.
Students wishing to try out for a sport should pick up a packet that contains the following:
PHYSICALS + PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO TRYOUTS
Physical exam that was conducted within the last 395 days. standard physical exams with authorization to participate in interscholastic sports OR a completed pre-participation examination form are acceptable.
Additional materials, signature pages, and schedules may be included for each sport, so please review packets carefully. Students should bring completed forms to the nurse FIRST so that she can confirm that they have medical clearance to participate in tryouts. She will sign the form and the student may bring packets to tryouts or return them to the coach.
Activity Bus Information
Unfortunately, the LRTC is NOT open after school at this time. If things change, we will follow up with additional information
Click HERE for a detailed list of all important dates for Springman 8th Grade Students!
SPAT PTA Corner
No Stress Fundraiser - Let's put the FUN in FUNDtober!
To our current members! Interested in joining? It's never too late!
Scan the QR code for more information on how to join and support the PTA.
Click HERE to sign up for a date to donate snacks for the Springman teacher's lounge!
Highlights of what to expect in the future Wildcat Weekly communications are below:
- New Happenings
- Important Dates for the Week
- Student/Staff Wildcat of the Week (WOW)
- Club Announcements - Club Fair being offered in early October
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Information on how to sign up
Important Dates - *more info for each event will be shared soon
- Thursday, September 30th: T1 Midterm
- Friday, October 15th: Parent/Teacher/Conferences
Have a wonderful weekend,
Megan Russell - Principal
Dan Polonsky - Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning
Karen Schwartzwald - Assistant Principal for Student Services
Lisa Engel - Student Success Coordinator