Blair Oaks High School - August 2, 2019
1ST DAY OF SCHOOL IS THURSDAY, 8/15/19
I am excited to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year! During the summer, I hope you took time to do the things you enjoy and that you are returning to Blair Oaks High School feeling rejuvenated. As I begin my third year as your Principal, I am committed to staying the course we set in our mission statement, "providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners." I am also proud to serve our school by providing stability and leadership as we enter a construction phase. Together, we will build our future with creativity and vision. Relationships matter and we appreciate the support of our parents and community.
We are welcoming some new staff members this fall. I'd like to introduce them to you.
- Andrew Bryant, Vocal Music
- Katherine "Katie" Fifer, Earth Science & Biology
- Abigail "Abbi" Martin, English II & English III
- Kim Partney, English 2, Literature in the Workplace
- Mason Peters, English I & English III
- Brian Short, Spanish
This school year, we will continue our positive momentum and energize with some Blair Oaks Falcon spirit!
Please visit the online BHS Student Handbook and take time to familiarize yourself with it. Your signature will be requested on a Student Policy & Procedures Verification Form at registration agreeing to adhere to the requirements as stated in the handbook policies and procedures.
Registration dates for returning students and pre-enrolled parochial school students:
8/5, Monday – 11th & 12th Grade Registration, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
8/7, Wednesday – 9th & 10th Grade Registration, 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Please bring check for fees due: $55.00 (if not parking on campus, total fee is $50)
Fee includes: $25 Class Dues, $25 Chromebook Fee, $5 Parking Fee
- Negative lunch balances must be paid by separate check.
- Our district does not accept credit card payments for enrollment fees.
- Please be prepared to pay by check with your student's name written in the comments.
Once fees are paid, students will receive a copy of their schedule. We have several new staff members and schedules have changed. Students may visit the following stations as needed.
- Counselor: Students may visit with a guidance counselor if changes are needed.
- Nurse: The nurse will be available if health records need updated.
- Chromebooks: Chromebooks will be distributed during registration.
- Yearbooks: Yearbooks will be available for pick-up on these registration days.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria will accept lunch payments (must be paid by a separate check).
- Free/reduced meal program packets will be available at registration.
Please feel free to tour our building during re-enrollment and walk through your student's class schedule.
Freshman Orientation/Parent Info Night
Athletes and parents are reminded that students will not be allowed to participate in practices without a current physical on file. Physicals after 2/01/2019 meet this requirement. The following forms are required.
- MSHSAA Sports Physical, valid for 2 years: https://tinyurl.com/y624l89n
- MSHSAA Participation Form, valid for 1 year: https://tinyurl.com/y6alquyb
BHS's sports calendar is now hosted via our MSHSAA web page. Individual sports are listed at the bottom of this page. Choose a sport to view the schedule, roster, coaches, and team history.
Athletic Sports Passes:
A family pass can be purchased for $135 through the high school office starting August 1st. This pass is good for the entire family (through high school age students) and is good for all HOME games during the school year with the exception of district events hosted by Blair Oaks for MSHSAA. An individual pass can be purchased for $55.
- FOOTBALL JAMBOREE
Friday, August 23rd, 7:00 p.m.
Location: Blair Oaks Athletic Complex
Teams: Blair Oaks, Helias, Owensville, Southern Boone
Admission: $2.00 Everyone
Concession stand open and run by Blair Oaks Booster Club
- SOFTBALL PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGE
Saturday, August 24th, starting at 11:00am
Location: Antimi Sports Complex, Red & Blue Fields, Columbia, MO
Teams: Battle, Blair Oaks, Hickman, and Warrensburg
Admission will not be charged at these pre-season games.
- VOLLEYBALL JAMBOREE
Monday, August 26th, first match starts at 6:00pm
Location: Hickman High School, Columbia, MO
Teams: Blair Oaks, Hickman, Sacred Heart, St. Paul Lutheran
Admission: $2.00 Adults and $1.00 Students
Dick's Exclusive Shopping Event
BHS Blood Drive
Wednesday, Aug. 7th, 12-5pm
1909 Route M
Breakfast & Lunch Prices
$ 2.30 = Meal Price, High School Students
$ .40 = Reduced Meal Price, High School Students
If you think you qualify for free/reduced lunch prices, we encourage you to apply. Applications will be available at registration. Acceptance is based on annual income and the number of family members. If your financial status changes at any time during the year, applications are available. Direct your application to the principal’s office. All applications will be kept confidential.
Watch web page for August meal menus.
Mark your calendars!
- 11 - Athletes & Parents Meeting, 6:30 p.m., HS cafeteria
- 12 - 1st day of practice for fall sports
- 12 - Freshmen Orientation & Parent Info Night, 7:00 p.m.
- 15 - First day of 2019-2020 school year
- 21 - Senior Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 23 - Football Jamboree
- 24 - Softball Jamboree
- 26 - Volleyball Jamboree
- 4 - Junior Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 4 - Sophomore Parent Information Night, 7:00 p.m.
- 5 - School Picture Day
- 18 - College Application Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 25 - Financial Aid Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 27 - Central Bank Tailgate Night at the football game
- 11 - Homecoming parade and game
- 12 - Homecoming dance
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service