VLAC Family News
December 23, 2022
End of Semester Notes
- Semester one courses must be complete by Friday January 27th.
- Semester two courses are loaded into student dashboards prior to the end of Semester one.
- K-8 students if you finish courses early contact your mentor teacher to begin iReady prescriptive lessons in math and reading.
- High school students all graded work must be submitted by the end of the day January 27th. Any remaining assignments will be turned to zero and reflected in the students grade.
State Testing Dates
March 14 WIDA for students designated as English Language Learners
April 12: SAT 11th Grade and 8th Grade PSAT
April 13 ACT Work Keys 11th Grade
April 18 9th Grade PSAT and 11th Grade Science and Social Studies M Step
May 1-May 5 3rd through 8th Grade M Step Testing
More communications will come out after winter break regarding testing.
Second Semester Enrollment Opens December 5th
Transferring From VLAC
If you plan to transfer from VLAC please give us a heads up by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help by:
- Arranging for technology drop off/pick up
- Providing detailed exit grade report
- Providing exit grades or
- Providing iReady diagnostic or individualized instruction reports
- Meeting with receiving district virtually to share information
Technology Support Service Desk
If you are not returning to VLAC next year please make an appointment with technology services to turn in equipment. Click here to create a service desk request. Service desk hours are 7AM-5PM Monday-Friday. You can also email: email@example.com or call at 248-209-2060
Contact the VLAC Team
Andrea Becker VLAC Lead Instructor 248-209-2079
Tina Bennett: VLAC Project Assistant 248-209-2071
Mary Kotcher: VLAC Office Assistant 248-209-2071
Technology Support: 248-209-2060