Vol. 2 Edition 19
Welcome to Week 18
- Students & Staff of the Week!
- Coyote Calendar- Middle School Band Concert
- Actionable Items: Submit your Coyote Wishes!
- Assessment News: Final Exam Bell Schedule, DF's/QC's/PAA's
- School News: Reading Endorsement Courses
- High School News: Tell your Seniors to pay their fees!
- Middle School News:
- Actionable Items- Submit Student and Faculty Howlouts
- Calling all Coyotes- ABC Christmas Tree
- Coyote Resources-Request Resource Visits! Request use of SAC fund$.
- Parent Howler Hub & Coyote Voice
Congratulations to our Coyote Staff of the Week
The Entire Admin Team
Congratulations to our Coyote Students of the Week
Weronika “Nika” Mynarczyk
Week 18: December 17-December 23
Monday December 17
Wear a light up Shirt with jeans
PERT for Seniors
12:30pm- Marine Recruiter D Lunch
2pm- Robot C Club in 1-226
6pm- MS Boy's Soccer vs Pasco @ HOME
6pm- HS Girl's Basketball vs Fivay @ HOME
6pm- MS Girl's Basketball @ Centennial MS
Tuesday December 18
Holiday Character Movie Day
2pm-3pm After School Detention in Room 3-224
2pm-3pm- Tutoring in Core Subjects, ASL & Spanish in Media
2pm-Robotic and Technology Club Meeting 4-102
3pm- ASLHS Meetings in 4-104
6pm- HS Boy's Basketball vs Wiregrass @ HOME
6pm- HS Girl's Soccer vs Brooks Debartolo @ HOME
Wednesday December 19
Holiday Ugly Christmas Sweater
EXAM BELL SCHEDULE
TESTING PERIODS 1 & 2
2pm-Class of 2019 Meeting in 4-105
2pm-4:30pm- Odyssey of the Mind in 3-107
2pm- Class of 2020 Meeting in 4-225
6pm- HS Girl's Basketball vs Berkley Prep @ HOME
7pm- Middle School Band Winter Concert @ WCPAC
Thursday December 20
EXAM BELL SCHEDULE
HS: 5th and 4th
MS: 5th and 3rd
Subject Area Holiday Shirt
12:30- US Army Recruiter Sgt Chip Allen to D Lunch
1pm- CareerSource Speaker in SOS
2pm- Teacher PD in Lieu of PLCs
2pm- After School Detention in Room 3-224
6pm- HS Boy's Basketball @ WCHS
6pm- HS Boy's Soccer @ Wiregrass Ranch
6pm- HS Girl's Soccer vs Wiregrass Ranch @ HOME
Friday December 21
HS: 7th and 3rd
MS: 7th and 6th
Sports Team Shirt
6pm- HS Girl's Basketball vs Pasco @ HOME
Actional Required: Instructional Wish List
Action Required: SRP Wish List
Aspiring Leaders Registration
We are excited to announce the opening of registration for LEAD, Pasco County Schools’ professional development program for aspiring leaders. LEAD is a 6- night program focused on maximizing leadership potential by enhancing skills, knowledge and experiences. It is open to both instructional and non-instructional aspiring leaders of all levels.
Action Required: Submit your Howlabration Nominations
Hello PLC Facilitators and Elective Teachers,
As Semester 1 is coming to a close, it’s time to look forward to celebrating our students for a job well done! Our Semester 1 Howlabration will be January 17 in the gym. A Middle School ceremony will be held at 7:45 am, followed by a high school ceremony at 9:30 am. At the ceremony, we will recognize students on Straight A and A/B Honor Roll for Semester 1, our Students of the Week, PBIS Awards, and FSA/EOC Perfect Score Awards.
In addition, we will also recognize Outstanding Students in each Subject Area. Each subject area will choose 1 student per grade for their subject area award.
Here is what we need from you:
1. At your next PLC meeting, discuss as a group the students you would like to receive your subject area awards (1 student per grade, 6-12).
2. You will also need to determine who will be the presenter for your middle school awards and your high school awards. We will provide sub coverage for one person in your department to come to the middle school ceremony to present 6-8 awards, and one person in your department to come to the high school ceremony to present 9-12 awards. (Please keep in mind that presenters will only be able to attend the ceremony to present the awards, as we will not have enough sub coverage for each presenter to attend the entire ceremony.)
3. Please write a 3-sentence description of each student who is getting the award and why they have been choosen.
4. Submit this information via this Mach form by Wednesday, December 19:
*Outstanding Students are selected at the discretion of each department. You may choose students based on any criteria you feel is appropriate: academics, behavior, modeling HOWL, most improved, or a combination.
Please let me know if your subject area has been inadvertently left off this drop-down list on the Mach Form.
Instructional Technology December Newsletter
December’s newsletter provides relevant information on assessment utilizing technology tools that our readily accessible to many or all of our schools. Specifically, this SMORE highlights tools that can support both formative and summative assessments and how those tools provide specific guidance in creation and use for assessing students effectively. See what tech tools can best support both limited student devices and one to one classrooms.
Cones in Staff Parking Next Week
Action Required: Trauma Informed Care Survey
If you took part in the Trauma informed care training at the beginning of the year , please take a minute to complete this survey. If you complete this survey you will be awarded 25 coyote cash.
PBIS Focus: Teacher please recognize students for working as a community for the next two weeks, until holiday break.
Here is how:
- Be explicit: say to students “students I am selecting students for coyote cash recognition this week for students who are working as a community. For example; for helping others, being kind to one another, helping me, donating to drives, demonstrating a positive attitude toward others and classwork, being super polite and courteous, and following all rules.”
- Select students daily for the next two weeks and provide 3 Coyote Cash for working as a community and tell them exactly why what they have done is being recognized
Goal: To promote positive attributes in the HOWL mission while providing Coyote to all grade levels.
Reading Endorsement Courses!
Winter/Spring 2019 Reading Endorsement Course Offerings: Share with teachers
Registration opens in myPGS on December 17, 2018.
Pasco County Schools offers five reading endorsement courses throughout the school year and summer to provide our teachers an opportunity to add the endorsement to their teaching certificate. In order to receive the endorsement, teachers complete courses that develop their understanding of the foundations of language, research of best practices, assessment, and differentiation in reading, as well as a semester practicum. Once all five courses are successfully completed, teachers can add the endorsement to their certificate.
The attached document lists the courses offered this winter/spring, their myPGS course number, and details about dates that the courses run for the winter/spring session. For additional information about endorsement requirements, please review the FAQ document. Please share this with anyone who may be interested in your buildings.
We are anticipating high enrollment in these courses; please encourage teachers to register quickly. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Hatten.
List of Students and their Cores
Final Exam Week Bell Schedule
Quarterly Check information for Q2 can be found in the Quarterly Checks folder under Assessments in SharePoint. You can view the FAQ's, reference sheets, text to speech instructions, and QC2 Overview info.
All teachers will administer one of the following assessments during Final Exam days:
1. District Final
2. Quarterly Check
3. Principal Approved Assessment (PAA) - Semester Length Courses w/o DF or QC
4. Summative Assessment for the Semester - If #1-3 don't apply
If you're not sure which assessment you will be giving, check with your PLC facilitator.
Instructions for Students Requesting to Test Semester Exams Early
Please encourage perfect attendance during the Final Exam week!
Here are the steps that students/parents should take if they need to sign out of school early during the final exam days.
- Parents should submit a “Request for a Pre-Approved Absence” on the CCMHS home page by clicking on the Report an Absence button.
- Once approved by admin, the request is forwarded to Ms. Perez in Student Services and Mr. Copeland.
- When Mr. Copeland receives the request, he will contact the student and parent directly to arrange the date/time of early testing if the student will be absent on a testing day.
- Students who need to make up exams will have to do so during non-exam periods on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If the request is not made or approved AND the student does not take the exam, then they will receive a grade of “0”.
Please Spend your $75 Classroom Fund Money By December 19th
Nominate an Outstanding Guest Teacher!
High School News
Middle School News
Submit a Faculty or Student Howlout!
Faculty Howlouts will drive our selections for Staff Member of the Week. Each week we will announce all of our HS and MS Coyote staff members of the week! These staff members will have their names announced on the intercom on Friday. At the end of the quarter the Staff Members of the Week will be invited to a special luncheon in their honor! We look forward to receiving numerous staff shout outs so we have many to select from each week!”
Student Howlouts: At the end of the week these students will be invited down to the flag pole in the center of the courtyard where we will have a Coyote Flag to be raised on Friday. These students will get the honor of raising the flag each Friday, and will have their names announced on the intercom! At the end of the quarter we will have a breakfast for all of our Students of the Week and their parents.
Faculty- Click here to submit
Student- Click here to submit
Calling all Coyotes
Resources Available to you!
SAC Funds: If you would like to request funding for an initiative in your classroom or a school-based activity, please complete the following Mach Form: SAC Funds Request Form