everything about stress!! ciarra butts
10 positive ways to mange stress!
-Preserve good boundaries.
-Realize there’s a difference between worrying and caring.
-Embrace mistakes—or at least don’t drown in perfectionism.
-Manage your time well.
-Do what you love.
-Consider what you can control—and work on that.
-call a friend.
-talk yourself threw it.
-laugh it off
10 negative ways to manage stress
- drinking to much (alcohol)
- Bingeing on junk or comfort food
- using pills and drugs to relax
- Sleeping too much
- Taking out your stress on others (lashing out, angry outbursts, physical violence)
- zooming out in front of a TV or computer
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and activities
- Filling up every minute of the day to avoid facing problems
statistics on teen stress
- School work (68%)
- Parents (56%)
- Friends’ problems (52%)
- Romantic relationships (48%)
- Drugs in the neighborhood (48%)
examples of teen stress
definition of stress
a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc.
- something that causes strong feelings of worry or anxiety
physical force or pressure.