KELLOGG FAMILY NEWS | March 14, 2022
Our PTSA Meeting is cancelled for this evening, but we are looking for a few volunteers for our next Cool Comet Store.
Are you able to help?
- Store set up 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 23rd (1 person)
- Store day 10:30 am - 1:30 pm on Thursday, March 24th (3 people)
- Store day 10:30 am - 12:00 pm on Thursday, March 24th (1 person)
We have a special event happening Wednesday night. We will be hosting a virtual Meet & Greet with our School Resource Office, Tim Condon. Please considering joining us to learn more about Officer Condon and his role as an SRO. https://zoom.us/j/94668681979?pwd=L1h3VjBEUlhUOEh1UUFEeFlwWEU3UT09
Happening @ Kellogg
MONDAY, March 14
- B Day
- PTSA Meeting cancelled
TUESDAY, March 15
- A Day
WEDNESDAY, March 16
- B Day
- SRO Meet & Greet 6-7pm https://zoom.us/j/94668681979?pwd=L1h3VjBEUlhUOEh1UUFEeFlwWEU3UT09
THURSDAY, March 17
- A Day
FRIDAY, March 18
- B Day
- 3rd quarter ends NEXT THURSDAY!
- There is no school March 25-April 3 for Spring Break!
SPRING TESTING DATES
- MCA Science week of Apr 4
- MCA Reading week of Apr 11
- MCA Math week of Apr 18
- FastBridge Reading week of May 9
- FastBridge Math week of May 16
MCA Testing Updates for families
Below are 5 reminders regarding our upcoming MCA testing sessions:
- April 6-8: 8th grade MCA science tests during science classes
- April 12 (Tuesday): 6th grade MCA reading test hours 1-3 by advisory (report to advisory class)
- April 14 (Thursday): 8th grade MCA reading test hours 1-3 by advisory (report to advisory class)
- April 19 (Tuesday): 6th grade MCA math test hours 1-3 by advisory (report to advisory class)
- April 21 (Thursday): 8th grade MCA math test hours 1-3 by advisory (report to advisory class)
4) Items to bring:
- Fully charged Chromebook (with charger)
- Wired headphones/earbuds
- Book to read (for after testing)
- Something to write with (scratch paper provided)
- Bottle of water if preferred
3) Prohibited Items to have in the testing session
(Please leave these at home on testing days):
- Cell Phones
- Wearable smart devices (smart watches, etc.)
- Wireless headphone/earbuds
- Any Bluetooth items
- Any academic work or materials (not allowed during testing session)
2) Be on time:
- Testing sessions will begin promptly at 8:20am
1) Be Prepared:
- Get a good night sleep
- Eat a good brain healthy breakfast
- Bring needed items- (glasses, etc.)
A Comet Community Celebration of Kellogg’s Teachers/Staff!
Spring is just around the corner and so is an opportunity to celebrate the hard-working, dedicated Kellogg teachers and staff! During the first week of May, join with others in our Comet Community of students, parents, and caregivers to create an “out of this world” week for our wonderful Comet teachers and staff!
There will be opportunities of all types (helping hands, artistic projects, and donation of goods) for all of us to join together to make this a very special celebration in early May. There will be gift card Bingo, popcorn and treat day, and even a special Friday raffle with prizes, among other special plans in the works. Our goal is to provide a week full of special experiences for all 130 Comet teachers and staff members.
A Sign Up Genius link will be sent out to you following Spring break via the Comet Connection, which will list opportunities for our Comet Community to participate in Appreciation Week, as well as the link being posted on Kellogg’s Facebook page. We will have all of April to collect your donations of appreciation items and to find helping hands to assist with tasks during this special week in May. Please join in this celebration and know that any gift you are able to contribute (whether it is a donation of requested items or helping hands) is appreciated and will make this a wonderful week for the Kellogg teachers and staff.
Be on the lookout for the Sign Up Genius link in early April (let’s “make it rain” with sign ups)!
CONNECT WITH US!
Angi McAndrews, Principal
Mike Widman, Assistant Principal
Teri Linander, Assistant Principal
Sarah Brooks, Licensed School Nurse
Barb Erickson, Health Office Nurse
Kris Hames, Office Manager
Erin Kroc, Registrar & Attendance
Amy Clark, Receptionist
Support Services 328-5800
Dan VanWinkle, 6th Grade School Counselor
Trish Fierst, 7th Grade School Counselor
Amy Carstensen, 8th Grade School Counselor
Akilah Sharif, School Social Worker
Leah Mattern, School Social Worker
For assistance in (your language), please call 328-XXXX
Para asistencia en español, por favor marque al 328-4241.
Za pomoc na bosanskom jeziku pozovite 328-4243
"إذا رغبت في الحصول على هذه المعلومات باللغة العربية يرجي الإتصال بقسم الترجمة علي الرقم 4246-328"
Haddii aad jeclaan lahayd in aad hesho macluumaadkaan oo ku qoran Soomaali, fadlan la soo xiriir waaxda EL(bartaha ingariiska) 328 4247.
“如果需要中文援助请拨打电话 ：507-328-4238 (办公室） 或者 507-398-9448 （手机)
“ Để được giúp đở bằng Tiếng Việt xin Gọi đến số 271-8366