ART ROOM SAFETY !
By : Quyen Tran
General Safety :
2) Ask permission & help to get out materials
3) Ask permission to drink or eat .
4) DO NOT horseplay
5) Don't put art materials in your mouth
6) Always put the materials back where you found it .
7) Clean - up your own mess
8) Always wash your hands when done .
Materials / Tools :
- When wanting to paint something , the most needed material is paint !
- When using a paintbrush , use it GENTLY , because not only is it sensitive but you can even ruin the tip .
3) Paper / newspaper
- The paper or newspaper is used to ensure that you don't paint your surface and to keep everything less of a mess !
- The water is there in case you may want a color change , the paint is too dense so you can use water to loosen it up , or you can use it to clean off your brush also . Water is used in many ways of painting !
- A pallet is a paint pallet . It is used to keep the paint in .
Disposal & Storage :
2) Wash your pallet and get rid of the paint still stuck there .
3) Clean your paintbrush . DON'T leave the paint there because the paint will dry and you may not be able to use the brush again .
4) Get rid of the dirty water .
Safety Tips :
-Paint your surface , but DON'T paint anyone else .
-NEVER drink the paint water
Citations : 1) http://safety.lovetoknow.com/Art_Classroom_Health_and_Safety