Teachers Matter Conference 2014
Bubbles and Double bubbles. Hamilton, Jan. 30th
What did they think of the session?
21 Teachers completed feedback forms after this morning's session. They rated me on a scale of 1 (poor) - 4 (excellent). This is what they said:
- Facilitator's punctuality: excellent (100%)
- Facilitator's presentation: good (24%), excellent (76%)
- Materials used: good (29%), excellent (71%)
- Pace of session: good (38%), excellent (62%)
- Variety of activities: OK (4%), good (29%), excellent (67%)
- Usefulness of activities: good (24%), excellent (76%)
- Confidence to use Thinking Maps in class: OK (4%), good (33%), excellent (62%)
- Time allowed to cover content: OK (19%), good (43%), excellent (33%)
What went well?
"Taking part in activities."
"Enjoyed the simplicity of the language, and the 'hands-on'." Marist School.
"The activities - would be cool if we had more time." Rowandale School.
"Activities - although we would have liked more time for the mix/match." Papamoa College.
"Activities were engaging, easy to follow, and allowed for conversation/collaboration." Rowandale School.
"Enjoyed the session. Some good ideas and websites." St. Paul's, Massey.
"Liked that we got to do activities." Rowandale School.
"Very interesting, well-informed presenter. Enjoyed learning about padlet as well." Waitakere.
"Very informative." Rowandale School.
"Loved using all your materials and seeing different sites to use. Thanks." Our Lady of the Sacred Heart.
"Very well sequenced, this clarified my understanding of the tools very well. Thanks." Bell Block.
"ALL. Brilliant presenter. Well prepared. Fantastic resources." St Paul's, Massey.
What was particularly useful?
"Making our own bubble maps."
"Hands-on activities - seeing how they could work in the classroom."
"Different maps, and what context to use them in."
"Enjoyed the hands-on activities. :)"
"Thinking maps, and the progression."
How could this be improved?
"If we had the full day!"
Any other comments?