DPHS North Schedule & Procedures
Special Schedule and COVID-19/Safety Procedures
Student Phase-in Dates are:
- September 4th - Last day to change decision on remote or face to face learning
- September 10th - Students with last names that begin with A-D will come to school
- September 11th - Students with last names that begin with E-K will come to school
- September 14th - Students with last names that begin with L-Q will come to school
- September 15th - Students with last names that begin with R-Z will come to school
- September 16th - Official Return Day for those choosing traditional face-to-face instruction
- October 19th - Official Return Day for those who chose virtual learning for 1st 9 weeks
** VIRTUAL STUDENTS - NOTHING CHANGES **
** FACE TO FACE STUDENTS RETURNING ON OCTOBER 19 - REPORT TO THE LIBRARY FOR ORIENTATION AND INSTRUCTIONS **
General COVID/Safety Guidelines
- Before coming to school, self-assess health.
- Wear masks upon arrival. Students are expected to provide and bring their own mask every day.
- Social Distancing procedures will be observed when possible.
- Students will use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building and classrooms.
*** ARRIVAL PROCEDURES ***
Students with last names A-L will enter at the Circle Drive entrance
Students with last names M-Z will enter at the Fine Arts entrance
Buses will drop off at the back of the school. No cars will be allowed to drop off in the back.
** EVERYONE WILL REPORT EITHER TO 1ST PERIOD OR TO EAT IN THE CAFETERIA **
** MORNING TUTORIALS **
*** CAFETERIA ***
** SOCIAL DISTANCING IN SERVING LINE **
*** TRANSITION TIMES ***
- Lockers will not be issued.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks during all transition times.
- Students will follow one-way halls and stairwells. When one-way isn't possible, students need to stay on the right side of the hallways. Tape will be placed down the center of two-way hallways to serve as a visual reminder to maintain one-way traffic on each side.
- Students are expected to maintain social distancing during transition times as best as possible.
Plexi-glass partitions have been added in the classrooms and computer labs where needed.
Visiting Places Other than Restroom
- Restroom - MUST have a pass from your teacher
- Nurse - MUST have a pass from your teacher
- Counseling Office - Students may only go with a pass if it is an emergency, if not, students can scan QR code and fill out form to request an appointment with their counselor.
- AP Office - The AP office will send for the student, however, if it is an emergency, the student MUST have a pass from the teacher.
** ALL PASSES WILL BE DISPOSABLE AND A ONE TIME USE **
Where to Eat
- Students are encouraged to have money in their lunch account/My Schoolbucks. If bringing cash, it MUST be in an envelope with the amount, the student name, and student ID. This will be dropped off in a box in the morning in the cafeteria. This is to speed up the pace and keep the students from exchanging money to stay safe.
- Only 2 students per table.
Where to Buy Food
- In the cafeteria
- We strongly encourage students to bring their own lunches in order to reduce lines and traffic.
** NO FOOD/PERSONAL DELIVERIES **
MAJOR CHANGE FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
Food delivery either by a parent or food delivery service will NOT be permitted. If a students forgets their lunch and does not have any money, the student needs to communicate that with the AP or Counselor on duty. The AP/Counselor will permit the student to get a hot lunch credited to their account. No student will go hungry if they forget their lunch.
** THERE WILL BE NO TABLE IN THE LOBBY FOR DELIVERIES. **
*** 4:00pm DISMISSAL ***
- Most Bus Pick-Ups will be at the back cafeteria entrance/exit.
- Baytown Bus Riders will be picked up at the front entrance by the flag pole.
- Students with last names A-L will dismiss at the Circle Drive.
- Students with last names M-Z will dismiss at the Fine Arts area.