October 22, 2021
I wanted to make you aware of the Fulton County Bricks and Clicks Capital Plan 2027. The Fulton County School Board has called for a November 2, 2021 vote to reauthorize the current ESPLOST (penny sales tax).
The last ESPLOST provided Chattahoochee with a new gym floor, new bleachers, theater renovations, and a black box theater.
The flyer that is specific to Chattahoochee and its feeder schools is included below. You can find additional information on the Fulton County Schools website at Capital Plan 2027.
Make it a great weekend and stay safe!
Partners in Education,
Dr. Mike Todd
October 25th Late Start Day
The next Fulton County Late Start Day will be Monday, October 25th. The teachers from the subject areas listed below will be available to work with students from 8:20-9:20 AM. We highly encourage you to reach out to your teacher if you need extra assistance in the class, need to retake an assessment, or need any other kind of help. Students must be in class by 8:20 AM in order to work with teachers; no late students will be allowed down the hallway.
Working with students- English, Science, PE, Math, Fine Arts, CTAE
As you plan for the day, please keep in mind that Fulton County school buses run on their normal schedule. They are dropping off at Taylor Road Middle School between 8:30-8:50 AM. If you're trying to access the campus at that time, please be prepared for major traffic delays. Our school day begins with 1st period promptly at 9:20 AM. Please prepare in advance to be on time for the start of class!
Keep Your Child On Track in School: Pay Attention to Attendance
Showing up for school has a huge impact on a student’s academic success. Even as children grow older and more independent, families play a key role in making sure students get to school every day and understand why attendance is so important for success in school and on the job.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Help your child stay engaged
• Find out if your children feel engaged by their classes and feel safe from bullies and other threats.
• Make sure your children are not missing class because of challenges with behavioral issues or school discipline policies. If any of these are problems, contact the school and work with them to find a solution.
• Monitor you child’s academic progress and seek help from teachers or tutors when necessary. Make sure teachers know how to contact you.
• Stay on top of your child’s social contacts. Peer pressure can lead to skipping school, while students without many friends can feel isolated.
• Encourage your child to join meaningful after-school activities, including sports and clubs.
• Notice and support your children if they are showing signs of anxiety, such as headaches or stomach aches. Listen to their concerns, and if needed, ask school staff for help.
• Questions about the attendance policy?? Please visit: ATTENDANCE MATTERS
· A NEW student is only eligible to receive a county-issued device 72 business hours after his/her initial registration. If you are a RETURNING /NEW student with no county-issued device and need one, please stop by the media center during Chatt time OR your lunch period to see Ms. Greene.
· If your student has any device troubleshooting needs, he/she is to stop by the media center before school, during Chatt time, or any lunch periods. If your student needs to replace any broken devices or accessories, please pay online at https://osp.osmsinc.com/FultonGA/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=EN704C-9 before visiting the media center.
Parents/Guardians of 11th graders - Have you scheduled your student’s Junior Advisement Meeting yet with their School Counselor? If not, please go to https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/24642 and get started! Links to the recorded Junior Information presentation as well as the PowerPoint are available at the top of the page, and steps to complete prior to the meeting are at the bottom of the page. This meeting is mandatory for all Juniors, and families are expected to either watch the presentation or look through the PowerPoint prior to attending the meeting. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
Hooch Athletics update:
Football – 1-6 overall record, 0-4 in region play
Softball – Finished their season 10-11 overall record, 6-8 in region play. Their season has completed with 4 of their region teams (Sequoyah, River Ridge, Creekview, and Cambridge) qualifying for the elite 8 in the GHSA state playoffs. Tough schedule for that region!
Flag Football – Regular season began Wednesday Oct. 20th @ South Forsyth HS.
Volleyball – 24-16 overall record, 3-4 in region play, advanced to the Region 7-6A semi-finals. The team advanced to the GHSA state tournament and won their first round match in Dalton on Wednesday. They are now advancing to the Sweet 16 against Lakeside Evans on Saturday the 23rd at 10:30am.
Competition Cheer – Having a great season and have two more competitions left before state playoffs.
Cross Country – Having a great season. Region 7-6A championships are at Boling Park in Cherokee County this Saturday Oct. 23rd at 2:00pm (Varsity Girls) and 2:30pm (Varsity Boys).
Swim & Dive – Season started Oct. 12th and the athletes are training hard!
Basketball – Season begins Monday October 25th and 26th with tryouts for both the boys and girls teams. Girls tryouts are 4-6pm in the auxiliary gym and the boys tryouts are 4-6pm in the main gym. Please see Coach Withrite (Girls) or Coach Short (Boys) for more information regarding the tryout process.
Wrestling – Season begins Monday October 25th. Please see Coach Cavanaugh for more details if you’re interested in joining the wrestling team.
Basketball Cheer – Season has started and the team is preparing for the HS basketball season!
Administrators and Department Chairs
Jonathan Adel - ELA and Fine Arts
David White; ELA; Whitedp@fultonschools.org
Lori Buonamici; Fine Arts; BuonamiciL@fultonschools.org
Garin Berry - Math, PE, World Language, and TAG
Beth Smith; Math; Smithec@fultonschools.org
J.J. Hicks; PE; Hicksj@fultonschools.org
Nadia Ali; World Language; Aliahmady@fultonschools.org
Amanda Wile; TAG; Wile@fultonschools.org
Gwen Harris - Science and CTAE
Matt Mihordea; Science; Mihordea@fultonschools.org
Kylie Dayton; CTAE; Daytonk@fultonschools.org
Ingrid Parham - Social Studies and IRR
Tim Reeder; Social Studies; Reedert@fultonschools.org
Jeanne Dongieux; IRR; Dongieux@fultonschools.org