H2O-Where Does it Go?
By: Blake H, Genevieve G, Victoria S, Tyler B
What is Happening with the World's Water?
Tips and Tricks to Help You Save More Water
- While waiting for the hot water, collect the excess water and use it for plants. Not only will you be saving water in your sink, but also for watering plants.
- Install low-flow faucets,shower heads, and washing machines. Even if they are a little more expensive, in the long run water saving will be more important.
- Take shorter showers. This is an easy one because many people can contribute to saving water by cutting down the lengths of their showers by just a few minutes.
- Wash your dishwasher and clothes washer in only full loads. This will prevent you from having to take the time to wash another load while saving water, too.
- Water your lawn only when necessary. Not only is this good for water conservation, but the over watering of plants can actually harm them.- Avoiding watering when it's windy. Wind can blow away the water you are trying to water your plants with.
How Does Water get to Us?
Water Usage in California
The average American household can use 80-100 gallons in one day. Using the sprinklers for hour can use up to 140 gallons.The average 5 minute shower can take up to 20 gallons at a time. The average Californian uses up to 325 gallons per day. Most of this is contributed by the toilet.