Lyon News, 9.20.16
Don't Just Look At The Stars---Be One!
Ms. Sigman had a special guest reader!
Aren't they the cutest!
As Kid President Would say...We've Taken the Thorny Path!
As I am sure you have heard, MAP data is out.
- We increased our overall ELA Top 2 % by over 4%, currently with 61.48% of 3rd-5th graders proficient or advanced.
- Science overall Top 2 % increased by over 4% as well! 56.34% of Lyon 5th graders were proficient or advanced on science standards.
Jeanette and I would agree Lyon filled some learning gaps last year and we celebrate the fact you all took the road less traveled, the thorny path, the hard route alongside us. But our question to you is: Are we satisfied? Have we climbed as far as we can climb?
We will discuss MAP data more at this Friday's SI day. Stay Tuned.
- Keep in mind you could create a graphic/graph to show in your newsletters as well. MIght be easier than writing a narrative,,.just a thought I am going to implement in my building communication.
- Below are pictures of Mrs. Butler's kiddos setting goals.
- Tuesday: Fire Drill, 1:45, FACULTY MEETING, 3:45
- Wednesday: Make-up Faculty Meeting, 7:15 am
- Thursday, Celebrate Baby Butler, Casey out of building for Cognitive Coaching
- Friday: SI Day, we will begin at Lyon at 8:00 am
Faculty Meeting Agendas
Teacher Workroom - 2nd
Lit K-2 : 1st
Lit 3-5: 4th
NO Watch DOGS this week