Week of March 21 - 25, 2016
Theme: Beloved Children's Books
Monday, March 21, 2016
The First Day of Spring!
Books We will Be focusing on:
"It Looked Like Spilt Milk" by Charles Green Shaw
-Creative Expression: Milk Science
"Pizza Party" by Grace Maccarone
- We'll make our own mini-pizzas for afternoon snack
"Pete the Cat & His Four Groovy Buttons" by James Dean
We will also enjoy: Board games, legos, marble runs, gym time and recess - just to name a few things.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
"Leaf Man " by Lois Ehlert
- Fall Trees Craft
"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle
- Sign Language Lesson
"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff
- Mad Lib our own version of the book
We will also enjoy: Music, Gym Time and Recess - just to name a few things.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
"The Butter Battle Book"
- Group Activity: Understanding Conflict
"The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins"
- Creative Expression: Zany Paper Plate Hats
"Yertle the Turtle"
- Stone Turtle Stacking Game
We will also enjoy: stamps, dramatic play centers, gym time and recess - just to name a few things.
Friday, March 25, 2016
"Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak
- Paper Boat - Will it float?
"How to Catch A Star" by Oliver Jeffers
- Watercolor technique
"The Rainbow Book" by Kate Ohrt
- Science Experiment: Water Walking Rainbows
"I Like Bugs" by Margaret Wise Brown
- Celery Butterflies - with cream cheese, pretzels & raisins
We will also enjoy: Collage Box, Building and Engineering Centers, Gym Time and Recess - just to name a few things.
A Few Notes...
- Morning Snack
- Afternoon Snack
- A Water Bottle
- Lunch - Students may buy lunch during intersession, unless stated otherwise.