Region 6 ESC CTE and CCMR
April 2020 (COVID-19)
CTE Directors Meeting VIA ZOOM
Wednesday, April 15th, 9am
This is an online event.
Topic: CTE Directors Meeting
Time: Apr 15, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 332 281 436
With the current COVID-19 Orders the Region 6 ESC CTE Specialist will host our April Directors meeting via Zoom. All Resources will be in the CTE Directors Livebinder Link Below.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
- Close Federal (Perkins) expenditures
- Close Local/State expenditures
- Prepare for staff to attend summer professional development conferences
- Provide input in District and Campus Improvement Plans
- Continue equipment inventories
- Review student certification and license plans with teachers-begin collecting testing information or alternative plans with current COVID-19 pandemic
Review final FTE report for estimated funding
Register for CTAT Summer 2020
Last Amendment due date -May 18th (No update thus far)
Review district assessment data specific to CTE students
Collect and review information needed for Summer PEIMS submission – Critical for state funding so check and double check!!
Secure number of students and certifications/licensures attained, tested, demographics
PERKINS RESERVE GRANT
Deadline for application has been moved to April 20th, 2020
Educational Aide I Certification Change
- Adds option for taking and passing Education and Training courses, see specific wording
- Projected effective date: May 24th (if approved by SBOE)
- Will work through TEALS
- More detailed information to come from TEA
- Awaiting SBOE Approval
- If approved, PEIMS number will be assigned by June 2020
- 26 courses
- If approved, will be ready for the 2020-2021 school year
- If more than one endorsement is listed for a Program of Study, you can choose which endorsement
- Example: if a student does not meet the core requirements for a STEM endorsement, and Business and Industry is listed as an option, then the student could get the Business and Industry Endorsement
- Existing endorsement rules in effect, but this will be an additional avenue; another bullet within the endorsement wording
Teacher PD and Resources
Transition to Teaching Online with CTE Learn
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) recognizes the dramatic impact that dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on your instructional efforts. They are now offering a selection of FREE online courses through the CTE Learn portal to prepare CTE teachers to teach online.
Go to Online Teachers on CTE Learn and click on Delivering Online Instruction. You’ll see the following online courses that you can access for free.
- EL102 Online Teaching Techniques
- EL103 Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach
- EL104 Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment
- EL105 Online Language: Communicating with Students
- EL108 Preparing Students to Become Good Online Learners
- EL112 Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online
Register/login on the CTE Learn site and enter the master key MK-ACTE to enroll in any of the above courses. This complimentary key is valid through May 1st. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
CTE Learn courses are self-paced and each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete. Designed and developed specifically for the CTE community, our courses focus on practical strategies and techniques that participants can apply right away..
Please let us know how we can provide assistance to your programs. Look for CTAT's own online learning portal coming soon!
Region 6 ESC is Dedicated to Serve our districts during this time of remote learning and extended school closures. Our commitment to you is, and will continue to be, based on customized service and personalized relationships.
College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) Corner
Accountability Winter/Spring Learning Webinars
The upcoming webinar on Understanding the College, Career, or Military Readiness (CCMR) Outcomes Bonus scheduled for May 8, 2020 at 1:00 pm has been postponed due to protentional district closures. A new date will be announced later this spring.
If you were unable to participate in a webinar, you can view archived recordings at this link.
Certiport and our Learning Partners have always been committed to providing exceptional learning and testing experiences for our teachers and students, and we remain committed to our customers even amidst the challenges that many schools and businesses are facing as a result of COVID-19. We are mindful of the many adjustments that schools are making to ensure the safety of students and faculty, including physical campus closures and a move to distance or online learning.
In an effort to support the needs of our testing centers and those affected, together with our valued Learning Partners, we are pleased to offer access to a variety of learning products that may be used at home or other remote locations. Effective immediately, Certiport Authorized Testing Centers may request FREE 90-Day Access to our most popular web-based learning resources, including online practice exams and on-demand video-based courses. Some of these exceptional products include resources from GMetrix, LearnKey, Jasperactive, BrainBuffet, Moore Solutions, TeachMe3D, CADLearning, and Unity.
Our goal is to help minimize the impact to learning by providing the tools which will allow students and teachers to remain engaged in their coursework and academic pursuits on campus or at home.
* Offer only valid in the United States
Dear Certiport Customer,
I am happy to announce that we now can offer Certiport Exams from Home. This is a direct effort to enable the continued testing and earning of certifications for students. Please take a moment and read the following announcement. The details for taking part are included. The students will be able to test from home, having a Certiport employee proctor their exams. Please reach out with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Certiport Exams from Home
In an effort to support schools and students to continue their education online in these extraordinary times, Certiport has developed a home-based solution that allows for administered exams that certification candidates can take from home. This solution, “Certiport Exams from Home”, allows individuals to continue to pursue an industry-recognized certification that will distinguish themselves from others in an increasingly difficult hiring environment.
Certiport has been testing this solution over the past two weeks with very good results and school districts across the United States and Canada that have been involved, have indicated very positive experiences. Customers who have participated are encouraged that individuals in their areas will be able to complete testing this school year with this solution.
As Certiport pilots this solution with live, in-market exams, we are looking for additional customers who would like to try this solution and give us feedback. Modifications to a broad solution will be made available as soon as this testing is completed. If you are interested in being a part of this pilot, we have made available a schedule in which you can reserve a spot. A Certiport employee will administer the exams through a hosted typical exam experience with an internet connection and almost any computer. To participate, follow the steps on this link to schedule exams from home: www.certiport.com/examsfromhome. Technical requirements are also found on the same URL. Participation may be limited based upon response volume.
This solution is currently only available in English with the expectation that it will expand into additional languages as soon as possible. This service will be available until June 30, 2020.
We recognize the difficult nature that COVID-19 has placed on customers during this crisis. It is our hope that this “Certiport Exams from Home” solution will allow individuals to become certified with an industry-recognized certification for their future college and career success.
Food Handler Certification
Through April 30, ServSafe is offering their Food Handler Online Course and Assessment FREE of charge to all restaurant workers. (Limit one per person).
Start training now - https://servsafe.com/freecourses
2020 EELC SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
If you’d like to join the Council for Professional Recognition at this year’s Early Educators Leadership Conference (EELC) in Virginia, we have great news for you! The Council is offering scholarships to attend our Oct. 13-16, 2020, gathering at the Lansdowne Resort & Spa in Leesburg, VA.
As a high school CTE teacher or family child care provider, this is a great opportunity to connect with early childhood peers and experts from around the world, and to be a voice in the powerful and engaging sessions we have planned for you.
The EELC Scholarship includes:
· Full conference registration - 3 days of professional development sessions, networking and special events
· Single-occupancy hotel accommodations - October 13-16, 2020
· All-inclusive meal program during conference beginning the evening of October 13th and ending with breakfast on October 16th
· Up to $400 transportation stipend reimbursement with receipts
This scholarship is open to educators/teachers who work in a Career Technical Education (CTE) program (or high school), and to Family Child Care Providers who exemplify the mission and vision of the Council.
Please note: Prior High School & CTE Teachers' Scholarship winners, Council employees and their immediate family members, as well as moderators and presenters participating in the Early Educators' Leadership Conference are ineligible.
Submit the Scholarship Application Form. The deadline is was moved from April 6, 2020 to May 6, 2020.
Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
For Assistance with CLNA from the ESC 6 team please email us and we will set up a Technical Assistance time!
Below are important dates:
- Perkins ADC is available on 5/15/2020 if the LEA has submitted the CLNA (SC5600) and the Formula Grants Consolidated Schedule (SC5003)
- The new deadline for submitting the CLNA is June 1, 2020 (extended deadline)
- Perkins local application opens on June 2, 2020
- Perkins local application submission deadline is September 3, 2020
- If a LEA waits to submit the CLNA until 6/1/2020, then the ADC will not be available on 5/15/2020
- Waiting until 6/1/2020 to submit the CLNA (SC5600) may delay access to the Perkins Local Application
The CLNA must be approved by the TEA prior to accessing the Perkins local application for 2020-2021.