Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Join Us Friday, November 6th at 1:00 pm
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Friday, Nov. 6th, 1-3pm
221 North Main Street
- 12:45: Arrival Time, Sign In, Name Tags, and Payment Collection (Please have exact cash payment-only $5.00 per student/siblings)
- 1:00 pm-3:00 pm: Guided Tour of Art Museum and Hands On Activities
- 3:00 pm: Approximate Dismissal Time
*You are welcome to stay after the guided tour/activities to visit more galleries on your own*
- Students will receive a guided tour of the Art Museum
- Students will explore the genres of landscape, portraiture and still life painting
- Students will engage in age appropriate activities that will lend historical context to each genre and allow the students to make a personal interpretation and aesthetic connection to the artwork.
- Students will be provided with essential elements for student learning in History and the Arts and Humanities, meeting Academic Standards of Pennsylvania History; Historical and Cultural Contexts; Critical Response; and Aesthetic Response.