Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
September 19, 2016
CHS was California Dreamin’ last week, and Homecoming 2016 was a great success! Royalty nominees (pictured first) were introduced at Thursday’s assembly, and Alyssa Manzo and Jared Valle were crowned Homecoming Queen and King during half-time of Friday’s football game, where the Wolves dominated 55-16. CHS was in full spirit for the parade, which had over 30 entries, including Mr. Stephen Carson, Grand Marshall, and his daughter Hannah Carson, this year’s inductee in the CHS Hall of Fame. The Homecoming Dance concluded the festive week. Thanks to Student Council and their sponsor Mr. Michael Gray, for planning such great events!
last week's wins
- Badminton def. Trevor G Browne- Varsity 9-0, JV 6-3
- Unified Flag Football def. Hamilton 20-19
- Freshman Football def. Horizon 55-8
- Girls Volleyball def. Maryvale- Varsity 3-0, JV 2-0, Freshman 2-0
- JV Football def. Horizon 56-30
- Varsity Badminton vs Gilbert 7-2
- Varsity Football def. Sandra Day O’ Connor 55-16
- Girls Varsity Golf def. Perry
This Week's Home Events
- Tuesday, Sept 20th : Girls Volleyball vs Central: Freshman @ 4 pm, JV @ 5 pm, Varsity @ 6pm; Boys Tennis vs Basha @ 3:30 pm; Unified Flag Football vs San Tan Foothills @ 6 pm
- Wednesday, Sept 21st: Badminton vs Pinnacle @ 3:30 pm
- Thursday, Sept 22nd: Badminton vs Perry @ 3:30 pm; JV Football vs Mountain Ridge @ 6pm
Chandler FFA received the Maricopa County Farm Bureau Education Award for their work with 7 local elementary school gardens and Agricultural Literacy presentations. They were also recognized for a 5 C's of Arizona Lesson they created and presented to 4th grade classrooms. The Farm Bureau created this award for CHS; after CHS received the $1500 grant, they were impressed with CHS’s results and wanted to recognize our Agricultural Literacy efforts. Fantastic work, FFA!
ARSENIC AND OLD LACE
Bravo to Chandler High Theatre and Director Mrs. Stephanie Likes for last week’s three-night presentation of Arsenic and Old Lace! Ashby Gentry, Mark Munoz, Isaac Dowdle, Gabby Terrell, Haley Evans, Hanna Soto, and many others starred in the hilarious play. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the production’s success, including set builders, costumers, and parent volunteers. Great work!
Intermediate Dance Concert
Come out and support CHS Intermediate Dance this week! Intermediate Dance will be performing on Tuesday, September 20th in the CCA Bogle Theatre. Doors open at 6:30pm and the show starts at 7:00pm. The cost is $5.00. See you there!
CHANDLER HIGH GIRLS VOLLEYBALL YOUTH NIGHT
Girls Volleyball is hosting CUSD Youth Night this Tuesday, September 20th. The event is free for youth wearing their school shirt. Check out the Youth Night Flyer for game times and additional info. Come cheer on the Wolves and enjoy a night of exciting volleyball!
POM AND CHEER CLINIC
The Chandler High Spiritline is putting on a Pom and Cheer Clinic on Saturday, September 24, for K-8th graders. If you would like your child to participate in the one day clinic and have the opportunity to cheer at a CHS Varsity Football game, please visit leaguelineup.com/chandlerspiritline for more info. Go Wolves!
CAREER CENTER NEWS
Come by the College and Career Center to sign up for the upcoming presentations:
- University of Chicago- Monday, 9/19 @ 9:40am
- US Army Presentation- Wednesday, 9/21 @ 12:20pm
- National Guard Presentation- Friday, 9/23 @ 10:40am
- Colorado Christian University- Tuesday, 9/27 @ 9:40am
- Utah State University- Wednesday, 9/28 @ 8:30am
- Wellesley College (MA)- Wednesday, 9/28 @ 1:15pm
- ASU Barrett Honors- Friday, 9/30 @ 8:30am
Join us on Wednesday, October 26th at 6:00pm in the CCA for Senior and Parent Financial Aid Night. View the Financial Aid Flyer for more info.
Thursday and Friday, November 3rd and 4th, are Arizona Construction Career Days. View the Career Days Flyer for more info.
Have you ever thought of a career in engineering and technology? Here are some great careers with different levels of education:
Engineering Technicians start out in the $33,000-42,000 salary range with an Associate’s degree. Mesa and Chandler Gilbert Community Colleges both offer this program.
Electric Utility Workers start in the $56,000-76,000 range with a certificate program or Associate’s degree from Chandler Gilbert Community College.
An Electrical Engineer has an average salary of $90,000. This requires a Bachelor’s degree. This program is offered at all the State colleges.