January 2016 - Volume 2
Scholarship Season Is In Full Swing!!
School Administrators Association of New York State Scholarship (SAANYS): SAANYS will offer two $500 scholarships this year (one applicant per school district at the principal's discretion). Applications are available in the Counseling Office. All students must return his/her application to the Counseling Office by February 22nd.
Local Corinth Central School Scholarship/Awards: Applications for the following scholarships will be available in the Counseling Office starting on February 1st! Applications must be completed and returned to Mrs. Bills in order to be eligible for an award:
- Corinth All Sports Booster Club Scholarship: awarded to two seniors who have committed involvement in the interscholastic sports program and exhibit good sportsmanship. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Bills by March 15, 2016.
- Bert Mahoney Scholarship: given to a college-bound senior based on good moral character, financial need, and scholarship. This award is renewable up to a maximum of four years. Please return the application to Mrs. Bills by April 1, 2016.
- Southern Adirondack Substitute Teacher Alliance: awarded to a graduating senior entering a two or four-year college who plans to major in education. Applicants must write a 250 word essay explaining their desire to enter the field of education. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Bills by March 20, 2016.
- Dudely & Rita Ward Memorial Award: awarded to a senior who has demonstrated service to the community and who best represents in an essay the "Importance of Tradition and Family Values." Students must complete an application, along with the essay. Please return application to Mrs. Bills by March 20, 2016.
- Drama Club Scholarship: awarded to one or more seniors who have been active in Drama Club for at least two years and who have plans to participate in a theater program in college. An application with an essay stating his/her plans for such a program is required. Application must be returned by March 20, 2016 to Mrs. Bills.
- Corinth National Honor Society Scholarship: awarded to a senior or seniors who is (are) a member(s) of the National Honor Society and exhibit, to an exceptional degree, the qualities of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Application must be returned to Mrs. Bills by April 1, 2016.
School Specific Scholarships
Financial Aid Information
Save the Date - Recipe for College Success
If you applied to a college or a university that requires your mid-year grades, please make sure your counselor has the proper mid-year form to submit and is aware of what school needs this information.
As always, please make sure you stop by the Counseling Office with any questions!