Cameras in Public Places
Good idea or violation of privacy?
Its for Safety
- It helps solve crimes faster
- Its not going to hurt anyone
- Can catch things that we don't always see
We want privacy!
- People don't always want to be filmed or in front of the camera.
- The real reason cameras are usually in public places is to reduce much pettier crimes. But it has not even been demonstrated that they can do that.
- People don't want to pay taxes for public cameras.
We do need our public cameras
In conclusion, cameras should be in public places because its for our safety. Cameras help us by finding where a missing person was last seen, it helps us see who robbed the local gas station, and it makes people feel safe and secure.