Virtual Field Trip WW1
World War 1 Trench Warfare
The Value of Virtual Field Trips
How the virtual field trip works
2. The field trip will be introduced as a question to the class: "From the reading, describe what you believe what the actual trenches were like." Students will write what they believe in their journals and share with a partner.
3. The field trip will be brought up on the SMART board for the students to see. A packet with directions and "thinking" questions will be handed out prior to the field trip. The class will be walked through how to set up the 3D trip and how to play the game.
4. Students will use Lap tops to discover the trenches of Europe in WW1. Discussion with classmates is encouraged. Education is better when students discover new things together.
5. The teacher moves around the room and discusses with students what they are seeing. Tiered questions are also asked. Focus should be on the cause and effect relationships that the students are experiencing.
6. Closure will be a reflection writing for the students as homework/class work.
Teachers: Take the Virtual Field Trip
BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 04 June 2015. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/worldwarone/hq/trenchwarfare.shtml>.
German Soldiers in the trenches. Digital image. Gott Mit Uns! German Military History 1848-1945. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015.
"Get Outta Class With Virtual Field Trips." Education World:. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2015. <http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech071.shtml>.
Soldiers in trenches. Digital image. Greece Social Studies. N.p., n.d. Web. <https://greecesocialstudies.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/trench-warfare-simulation-and-virtual-online-tour-serve-as-great-wwi-resources/>.