May 23, 2019
6th Grade Student vs. Warwick Staff Kickball
The 4 to 1
There is a rule of thumb for encouraging positive behavior in schools and at home: give four positive statements of feedback/praise to children for every one thing to improve. (By the way, it is difficult to select only four positives at Warwick Elementary!)
Four Positive Things:
- Gratitude: This is the time of year when many nice things happen. I have witnessed and heard of students going out of their way to thank their teachers for planning field trips and helping them with their assessments or other challenges. Did you know that being grateful is good for you? Keep it up, Warwick!
- Compassion for our Furry Friends: Our friends from Roxy Therapy Dogs, Freya and Cooper, come to Warwick so our students can read to them. In addition to making if fun to ready, Freya and Cooper bring out the compassion in all who cross their path.
- Accomplishment: So proud of our 6th Graders for completing their Assessment in a way that makes all of us--students, teachers, parents, and this principal--so very, very proud!
- Upstanders: As students in 2nd Grade know from NOVA's visit to their classroom, being an upstander is an important thing to be. I want to commend the students who have been using their voices to alert a Warwick staff member when another student needs help. Students, it is one of the most important things that you can learn to do. Use your voice--speak up--when you see something that needs attention or help.
One Thing to Work On: Recess Respect, Responsibility, Cooperation, and Excellence.
Recess is for...
- fresh air
Recess is not for...
- unkind words or actions
- intense competitive play
Thank you for partnering with us in celebrating our 4 and improving on our 1!
- Dr. Leatherbarrow
Our instructional day ends at 3:45 pm. Our dismissal procedures occur between 3:45 and 4:05 pm.
Early Pick Up:
Picking up students early from school on a routine basis can add up to a significant loss of school time. When picking up students early from school, parents/guardians must come to the Main Office and have PA State Photo ID. Please make sure there is an excusable reason to excuse your child from school before 3:45 p.m. Here is a list of reasons that are excusable in PA Public Schools: illness, quarantine, death in the immediate family, religious holidays, home emergencies, and health care directly related to the student.
Car Riders at Regular Dismissal:
Parents and guardians who pick up their students(s) at dismissal time must use the Meetinghouse Road parking lot and follow the loop noted in the map above. Parents/guardians should NOT get out of their cars. Students will be walked to their cars for safety and security reasons. We appreciate your support and patience.
Changes to Your Dismissal Plans
If it is necessary to change your normal pick-up routine at the end of the day, i.e., a different adult, bus rather than car, car rather than bus, a change in child care arrangements, etc., a written note must be presented to the classroom teacher, who will share the information with the office.
Any phone calls regarding a change in end-of-day plans must be directed to the office before 3:00 PM through a phone call (267-893-4055) or via e-mail and not directly to the classroom teacher, as teachers are engaged with students' learning and will not be able to check their email during the instructional day.
Your contributions will help us create a celebration of Warwick worthy of its 100-year history.
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
As we staff and plan for the next school year, it is important that we have an accurate count of students registered to attend Warwick. Please click above to register your new Kindergartener (or other NEW students) online. Thank you.
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.