ALL HANDS ON DECK
HS STAFF NEWS | January 25, 2019
Upcoming Parent Teacher Conference/Enrollment Information
Teachers, please complete this form (Teacher Break Time). We are trying to make the sign up for times easier by using "Sign Up Genius" for families to register for an available meeting time with you. If you do not give us your availability, sign-ups will go out with your availability every
10 minutes from 2 - 7.
Please complete this by Friday, Jan 25th so we can get information about your availability out to parents in the upcoming newsletter.
Dig Deeper and Grow in An Area of Your Interest
Join a Topic Study to meet and grow alongside your colleagues.
What's a topic study look like?
- 2 Half days with about 2-3 weeks in between dates
- The same group of participants attends both days
- Visit a teacher's classroom for observation and discussion around a central topic
- 1st half day visit a classroom to learn about a topic and review an article related to the topic, go back and practice what you learned in your classroom, 2nd half day visit a different classroom for observation and deeper discussion around the same topic
- Consists of no more than 8 participants
Why should I participate in a Topic Study?
- Given time to deepen learning around a focus area of your choice and interest
- Time to collaborate with colleagues on a focus area of your choice and interest
- Enhanced learning for yourself which will benefit your students
- Sharing of ideas to enrich your classroom
Still have questions? Ask a colleague, or reply to this email if you still aren't sure about signing up. What do you have to lose?
Sign Up Now - Topic Study Sign Ups **(UPDATED LINK!)
Sign-ups are open now through January 27th
Platte County Pirates Booster Club Online Store
In an effort to make sure we are recognizing all our students, we are opening up the opportunity for students to nominate their peers when they are seen living out our Pirate Character Traits in our building.
Father/Daughter Dance February 2nd
If a child reports BULLYING to you, as outlined in the safe school training, please use the following link to report the issue:
USE THE REPORT VIA WEB button to fill out the information to be investigated.
25 - SWIM
25/26 - SPEECH AND DEBATE TOURNAMENT
28 - GIRLS' BASKETBALL, 5:30/7:00
29 - NHD INTERVIEWS, LMC
29 - BOYS' BASKETBALL, 5:30/7:00
30 - PLC DAY
1 - FIRST FRIDAY, 8-2, LMC
4-8 - NATIONAL SCHOOL COUNSELING WEEK
4-8 - COURTWARMING SPIRIT WEEK
5 - BLT
8 - COURTWARMING
11-15 - SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNITION WEEK
13 - SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER VISIT, Mrs. MacCuish, 7:45-11:00
11-15 - CHARACTER WARMS THE HEART WEEK
14 - DEPT. CHAIR MTG., 3 PM
14 - PTSA MTG., 6:30 PM
15 - INSERVICE
18 - NO SCHOOL
18 - STAFF BOOK CLUB
21-23 - WINTER PLAY
27 - PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES/ENROLLMENT
Thank you to our Pirates ROCK Star business partners!
Platte County High School
- Dr. Chad Sayre, Principal
- Shari Waters, Assistant Principal
- Matt Messick, Assistant Principal
- Stephanie Theis, Assistant Principal
- Phil Dorman, Activities Director