Catch the Wind Staff Bulletin
4/11 - 4/15
This Week's Events
- B24 SBA: Math CAT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in the lab
- B25 SBA: Math CAT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in B1
- B26 SBA: ELA CAT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in B1
- Small Group 5: ELA CAT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in library workroom
- Key Staffers Meeting at 8:30 am in OCR
- Report Cards due to Gayle for printing
- Grades 4-6 FT: HTY
- B24 SBA: Math PT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in the lab
- B25 SBA: Math PT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in B1
- B26 SBA: ELA PT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in B1
- Small Group 5: ELA PT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in library workroom
- Kindergarten Artic at 12:30 pm in B1
- Q3 Report Cards go home
- Office Staff meeting at 8:15 am in OCR
- B26 SBA: Math CAT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in B1
- Small Group 5: Math CAT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in library workroom
- B24 SBA: ELA CAT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in the lab
- B25 SBA: ELA CAT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in B1
- Grade Level Meeting at 2:00 pm
- B26 SBA: Math PT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in B1
- Small Group 5: Math PT at 8:15 - 9:45 am in library workroom
- B24 SBA: ELA PT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in the lab
- B25 SBA: ELA PT at 10:15 - 11:40 am in B1
- Grade 4 articulation at 10:15 am in C24
- Grade 1 articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- Make up testing in B1 from 8:15 - 11:40 am in B1
- Grade 5 and 6 articulation at 9:00 am in the lounge
- Grade 2 articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
This Wednesday at Leadership meeting, we will go over the Master Calendar dates for SY 2016-17. Please bring any dates that you know of so far. Melanie Moore, our new PTA President for next year will be there sharing the PTA calendar also.
Curriculum Maps and Peer Visits
- Personal Q1Math Diary Map due 4/20
- Grade Level Q1 Curriculum Map due 5/18
If you haven't scheduled a peer visit or need to reschedule one, please let Trisha know who you would like visit.
Smarter Balanced Assessment
Students in grades 3-6 will be taking the Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) starting the second week of April. A letter will go home in this week's Tuesday folder with your parents with your class' specific testing dates and times.
Library and computer classes will remain at it's usual scheduled time. Elodie and Gayle will be conducting class in your room, unless told otherwise.
Grade 3: April 11 - 15
Grade 4: April 18 - 22
Grade 5 and 6: April 25 - 29
Color Fun Run
This is a fundraiser for the `Aikahi PTA. The PTA understands that this has been a very active fundraising school year. The 2015-16 school year has brought many new and exciting positive changes. These changes have resulted in many more funding requests for the PTA. Our hope is that with the success of this fundraiser, we can limit the amount of fundraisers for the 2016-17 school year and focus on just a few of our most successful events going forward.
For information, visit aikahi.myfunrun.com.
The color run packet went home in last week's Tuesday folder. Gina Salehi is in charge of this event. If you have any questions, email her at email@example.com.
Box Tops Challenge!
The Student Council is hosting another Box Tops challenge. The class that has collected the most Box Top sheets by April 15th will win an Ice Cream Sundae party! If you need any extra sheets, click here.
April 18 - 22: Grade 4 SBA Testing
April 21: May Day due dates - Music to Gayle, Narrative to Liane and Tammy
April 22: Pre School FT: Kailua District Park; Grade 3 FT: HTY
April 26: ILT
April 25 - 29: Grade 5 and 6 SBA Testing