Culture Discussion Day
- Today you will complete your Culture Discussion and submit 2 comments on others' posts.
- Your L9 Speaking Assignment is due tomorrow. Start planning today.
- Keep working on L9 vocabulary and grammar. Check out the video posted in today's announcements for help.
- Try to work ahead if you're going on spring break soon and won't have access to the internet.
Culture Discussion Day
- Post your Lesson 9 Cultural Discussion Post today.
- Always carefully review the Discussion Rubric and criteria on the page before and after writing your post - this is the criteria I use to determine your grade on the assignment. Be sure your post adequately covers all of the criteria.
- Remember that you must submit 2 comments to your classmates' posts to get full credit!
- Response posts should be thoughtful, at least 2 sentences, and must add to and/or promote further discussion.
Please remember to cite your sources for full credit!
(Clicking this link is optional and is not required reading for this course!)
Keep working on Lesson 9 Materials
If you are not able to attend coaching sessions during spring break, please make up your missed sessions shortly before or after your break. がんばってください。
Tweet/Text Me Tuesday
TODAY ONLY for 1 bonus point, you can use twitter to tweet me @BoutinSensei or text me at 919-964-5227 and tell me how you would extend an invitation to eat mochi to your best friend using the plain volitional verb form. If you need help with this, check out your grammar notes from lesson 9!
If you can't tweet or text, you can email or IM me your sentence for your bonus point. If you choose to tweet, be sure you have permission from a parent or guardian to use social media!
Student Spotlight - Zane H.
Meet Zane H.!
- My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: Anime and their traditions
- My favorite book: Chinese fictional novels
- My favorite musical artist: SNSD
- My favorite ice cream flavor: Superman
- On a Friday night I'm usually: Watching a movie with my family or hangout with friends
- The 5 things I can't live without: Language/communication, food, internet, friends/family, videogames
- Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I like Anime, and since I took Japanese 1 why not further improve it?