St. Patrick Catholic School
Welcome Back To School Bulletin-August 24, 2021
A very warm welcome back to all of our families who are returning to St. Pat's! We are also very excited to meet our new families joining our school community for the first time. Our names are Mrs.Nanias (Principal) and Mrs. Ellert (Assistant Principal) and we are extremely excited to be your administrative team at St. Patrick School. Teachers and staff have worked very hard preparing, praying, and planning for your children. Your children are in excellent hands and we are so blessed to have such a strong, dedicated school community. Thank you for entrusting your child in our care at St. Patrick Catholic School.
This weekly bulletin will be sent out at the end of the school week via email to each of our families. Our staff will also be updating our website as we progress through a busy September start-up. https://stp.eics.ab.ca/
*As you are aware, we will still continue to have safety protocols in place due to COVID-19. Some protocols from last year will remain in place while there are some new protocols for this school year. These protocols have been gleaned from the guidelines within the "2021-2022 School Plan. We look forward to welcoming our students during our staggered week next week!
Covid Re-Entry Plan- Please read the EICS School Plan Re-Entry and the information below to familiarize yourself with the COVID Protocols
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Daily cleaning for all areas of the school, washrooms and high touch surface areas will be cleaned several times a day.
- Deep cleaning with our healthcare grade system when students are not present.
- Students and staff will continue to make hand sanitizing and washing hands part of their daily school routine. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the school and at all entryways.
Pre-K to Grade 3
- Masks are strongly recommended when physical distancing is not possible in common areas where classroom cohorts are intermingled.
Grade 4 and staff
- Masks are strongly recommended in all common areas.
- Masks remain strongly recommended during class time when physical distancing is not possible. When outside masks are not necessary but social distancing is encouraged.
- We will continue with grade cohorts within the school. Cohorts will be larger when outside and cohorted by grade levels. The zones will switch monthly as to allow both outside cohorts access to all the fun areas of our schoolyard.
- Bathrooms will continue to have a procedure to limit the amount of students in the bathroom at one time.
- Physical distancing will continue to be practiced and encouraged within the confines of the classroom and other areas within the school.
- At this time there will be no school wide assemblies.
Responding to Illness
- The AHS screening tool for COVID-19 symptoms will continue to be part of our everyday school routine. If your child is symptomatic they are not to come to school that day. The screening tool will be listed below. Please print it off and have it somewhere visible in your home.
- Should a student develop symptoms of illness at school, parents will be notified and advised to pick up their child as soon as possible. Students showing symptoms waiting for pick up will be asked to put a mask on if not already wearing one. Please make sure to update your emergency contact as symptomatic students will need to be picked up from school in a timely manner.
- It is required that visitors to the school wear a mask.
- Parents and visitors are permitted to enter the school provided there is a valid reason. We ask that student pick up and drop off happen outside their designated entry and exit doors. Gatherings outside classrooms or hallways isn't to occur.
- Visitors to the school will need to check into the office on arrival and check out on departure.
All water fountains will be closed, however water fillable stations will remain open to fill
personal water bottles. Student may bring in their own personal water bottle; filled from
home or from a water filling station at the school.
Staggered Start Days
In order to be able to work through some of the new changes this year all EICS schools are doing staggered start entries. Use the letter of your child’s last name and teacher name to determine which day of staggered entry day your child comes to school. All students will attend Friday, September 3rd. Kindergarten will have their own schedule for the staggered start days which would have already been communicated by the teacher.
If you are not sure of who your child's teacher is you can find out through PowerSchool.
To view classroom placement follow these steps:
- To view login to PowerSchool
- Click on the heading " Additional Resources"
- Click on " Next Year Placements
Wednesday, September 1st
Thursday, September 2nd
Friday, September 3rd
Please use the following designated entrances for your child. See MAP.
These entrances are to be used for morning arrival (drop-off), recesses, and departure (pick-up) in the afternoon. The front entrance will be designated for our PRE-K and ECS students.
South Front entrance- PRE-K, Kindergarten
N.East entrance (Gr. 3/4 portable wing)- 3G, 3E/C,3BOH, 3B
S.East entrance (directly adjacent to STAFF parking lot)- 2W/H, 2L,2M
North entrance (Gr. 3/4 portable wing)- 4K, 4Kucy, 4S
West entrance (Gr. 1/2 wing)- 1B,1W, 1E
Students who arrive on the bus will go directly to their designated entrances where they will see a marked pylon and will line-up with their homeroom. Students who get dropped off by families should arrive no earlier than 8:15 and proceed to their marked line up. Students will wait in line until their teacher signals them into the boot room to sanitize and proceed to homeroom. With rain/inclement weather, staff will be available to expedite this process where students would access classrooms earlier.
**Late students will be required to enter through the front doors. Proceed directly to office to check in.**
Under the direction of their teacher, students will stagger exit from their respective entry point at the end of the day. Bus students will report directly to respective bus line-ups and parents picking children up can wait outside of entrance or at a designated meeting spot (arranged with your child).
PLEASE NOTE: We have NO OUTSIDE SUPERVISION available earlier than 8:10 am.
NO PICK-UP/DROP-OFF FROM STAFF PARKING LOT
Please make alternate plans for pick-up/drop-off location as our Staff parking lot is no longer available as an option. This area has become far too congested in the past and is an extreme OH&S concern. Please look at streets/locations that are close to your child's designated entrance where you can safely guide them. While we understand that this takes away some convenience, we are more concerned about the safety of your children. Please see the attached pic showing some highlighted safe alternative considerations for drop-off/pick-up.
*Once available, bus passes will be distributed at the school level *
****PLEASE STAY CLEAR FROM BUS LANES AT THE BEGINNING OF OUR DAY AND AT THE END OF OUR DAY*****
- St. Patrick School Calendar
- Regular/Early Dismissal Bell Schedules
- Pre-Kindergarten (4 year old) Calendar
- Mon/Wed Kindergarten Calendar
- Tues/Thurs Kindergarten Calendar
- OLMP School Calendar
- Sept 1st- Gr. 1-4 Staggered Entry
- Sept 2nd- Gr. 1-4 Staggered Entry and EARLY DISMISSIAL
- Sept 3rd- All Students Attend
- Sept 6th- Labour Day-No School