Social Security Act
- Who was the program intended to help?
New Deal program that helped disabled, unemployed, and Americans over age of 65 years.
- What was this program intended to do?
- Does this program fall under the Relief, Recovery, or Reform program of Roosevelt's New Deal?
- How successful do you believe this program was at relieving the economic crisis?
- How does this program add to your understanding of the Great Depression?
- Does this program still exist today?
Social Security: The Greatest Government Policy of All Time?
3 Major Highlights & Summary
- Largest and most successful goverment policy in the history of the United States.
- Social Security gives to retired workers, familys of decesed workers, dissabled Americains and their familys.
- Social Security has eliminated the vast majority of elderly poverty.